Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is we still lack firepower

Maybe yeah, but when james can create five chances against a defensively minded mourinho team before he's even got used to the league, we'll be creating a lot of chances in a game like now.

Even our sluggish team of last year had 32 shots, 3 goals and hit the woodwork five times of Wednesday, there's a different mentality it seems already. I'd like one more attacker, but we could make do imo.

....it’s a totally different challenge to last week because we now have to take a game to the opposition. As I posted earlier, this game will tell us lots about this team. Playing with tempo will be key.
It helps so much that we now have midfielders whose first thought is to move the ball foreward, not sideways and backwards like Davies and Siguardisson last season. They’re negativity set the tone for the tempo we played at last season.

Presumably West Brom will be here to park the bus, knowing how effective that tactic has been for lower teams against us at home in recent years. These will be games where James can make a difference and three points this afternoon is worth just as much as three against Liverpool in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.