2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only half caught Tonight. How did he do?

Feel like Tony G is about to benefit from something that Barkley only half did and Davies didn’t at all. Can’t ac explain what I mean but to make my point, look at the team Davies had to settle into 2 seasons after his debut (2017/18) vs the team Barkley got to grow into 2 seasons after his (2013/14)

Now imagine what An Fer Knee could be doing

(If he dropped a distasterclass tonight please ignore all of the above)

Much better 2nd half. From the 1st minute he skinned his defender and should have been doing that time after time instead of playing the safe pass. As soon as he got more selfish, Nkounkou was constantly offering him an out ball left which meant he could cut in.

He can't just play simple pretty passes. He has to look like he can affect the game when given a chance. For me he done enough to earn a spot on the bench Saturday and Walcott should be the man to make way.

Of course he’s learning under one of the best managers in the game, but I’m sure seeing James at close quarters in training, will aid his progress even more this season.

Gordon cutting onto his right from left wing and James cutting onto his left from right wing *chef’s kiss* Think we will see a fair amount of blammos this season

He's definitely a talent and seems comfortable on either side and down the middle.
Anthony will get better and better the more he plays, he should get more confident,now he plays in spells then fades a bit, takes the easy option,he’ll do more and start asking and looking for the ball the more game time he gets. He’s a good player with excellent potential, the sooner he realises how good he is, or can be, the better for Everton and us fans watching him. It’s up to you Anthony!!

Status
Not open for further replies.