Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my point why not have us plan and prevent for once, well I was thinking delph out and gueye in , is that how much he would is it ? What wage is he on ?
Well they paid 30 for him last summer, I would say they would want 20 at least. Not sure in his wage, 80k to 100k a week I would guess

With holgate and branwaithe out I think we at least need a CB on loan. A more attacking RB would be useful but I believe that would only happen if an offer is accepted for Kenny. Maybe. Winger as well. Those are the most likely 3. I know people want to replace pickford but I think he'll get at least this season to get back to form.

All depends on getting some out of course which is troublesome as alot of them are proper gash and on big wages

With holgate and branwaithe out I think we at least need a CB on loan. A more attacking RB would be useful but I believe that would only happen if an offer is accepted for Kenny. Maybe. Winger as well. Those are the most likely 3. I know people want to replace pickford but I think he'll get at least this season to get back to form.

All depends on getting some out of course which is troublesome as alot of them are proper gash and on big wages

Yeah I wasn't too worried about CB cover but in typical fashion we now have two CBs out in the first week of a season and Mina usually picks up a knock so some cover there would be good, although Nkounkou could probably fill in at CB if needed

Totally agree, need to step up the search for a CB now, I thought Tomori was nailed on, Chelsea have taken his squad number from him, but Rennes are now interested in him as well

With the 3 new signings added to the 4-5 quality players we had, we can compete with anyone on a good day. But last night showed we’re only a couple of injuries/suspensions away from a serious drop in standard.

We still need 2-3 in to have a reasonable chance of securing 5th.
Ideally 4-5.

I'm completely chuffed with the midfield rebuild, it was definitely a necessity. But for us to truly prosper, attaining a cb and rb with some experience is imperative. Otherwise any progress made could be impeded. A winger and center forward would be ideal as well along with a back up goal keeper but have maintain some realism. I think a winger is possible but rb and cb has to be the emphasis , honestly we need depth as well we have no actual all out wingers other than walcott so I'm curious in some fantasy world if we could discard of our rubbish we would sign some squad players as well but that doesn't seem likely

Last edited:
'Other clubs are doing' ffs mate.

We've signed three top quality players who have transformed our midfield. Yes there's still work to do.

Under is hot and cold. Trust me, I wouldn't be considering Leicester as suddenly loads better cause they're signing him. Good player but not really kicked on at all in the last two years. It's not like he transforms their team in the way James does ours, for example.

Bale has more work to do to get back up to speed than James and, frankly, so what. Spurs are on a level playing field with us as far as I'm concerned now bar Kane. Son is obviously excellent but the rest of their squad is bang average. If they add Bale it's that little bit of star dust like we've added with James, except with a worse injury record.

There's plenty of work still to do but it's mainly outs. Those outs shouldn't be in areas that we're already short in, because that means we have to spend even more money.

You underestimate just how crap our squad is outside of a few.

That Spurs win has clouded alot of peoples minds for the worse and the "go with what we've got brigade" weaned off the teet of Kenwright for over a decade are making themselves heard.

Reality is an injury to James or Richarlison and we have Walcott/Bernard in the side

An injury to Gomes and we have Siggurdsson or Davies

An injury to Doucoure or Allan and its Delph

An injury to Pickford and its Virginia

This squad still needs work doing to keep us competitive and lets not forget clubs like Leicester and Wolves started off at a much higher level than us coming into this window - just because we have sorted the midfield means nothing if those clubs around us are still stronger or even just equal to us up top, out wide, in goal or in defence.

We simply have to keep bringing quality in until we have options all over the field and 1-2 injuries doesn't allow crap to sneak back into the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.