Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we only played two pre-season games I wouldn't change to much, save Rodriguez for West Brom at the weekend and rest Mina because he often gets injuries. Maybe start with Kean up top.

Hopefully we can go through with the minimum of fuss, keep the good feeling flowing.

after seeing true exuberance, determination, esprit de corps, commitment, nerve etc etc etc on Saturday

I don't want to see Delph and his sour, moody, self-pitying demeanor within 10 miles of Finch Farm or Goodison ever again

This is one where we should change virtually everyone and play a squad team which is just a euphemism for the reserves anyway. It's a slight risk as we could come unstuck, it'll be treated like their cup final, but you have to give the main players rest when you can with such a truncated pre-season and fixtures coming quick and fast.

If they don't perform Don Carlo can justifiably bin all of them and if they do perform - bin all of them anyway.

:D

This is one where we should change virtually everyone and play a squad team which is just a euphemism for the reserves anyway. It's a slight risk as we could come unstuck, it'll be treated like their cup final, but you have to give the main players rest when you can with such a truncated pre-season.

If they don't perform Don Carlo can justifiably bin all of them and if they do perform - bin all of them anyway.

:D

Although we were miserable in the last couple of games of the season, an XI without the three amigos still beat Leicester and Sheff Utd and drew the RS. Should be able to handle these guys. If necessary we can throw James on at 75' or something.

Absolutely no way we should expose James to any injury risk in this game.

I would make as many changes as possible.

Lossl

Kenny
Keane
Branthwaite
Nkounkou

Walcott
Sigurdsson
Davies
Gordon
Bernard

Kean

Why though?

We all want to win a trophy. We usually demand managers play strong sides.

It's still pre-season, really. The players need minutes. By all means make changes, but wholesale ones just feels like it will result in something very 'Everton' that.

Absolutely no way we should expose James to any injury risk in this game.

I would make as many changes as possible.

Lossl

Kenny
Keane
Branthwaite
Nkounkou

Walcott
Sigurdsson
Davies
Gordon
Bernard

Kean
Nah, need to retain some stability. Maybe James and whoever is lacking conditioning.

Why though?

We all want to win a trophy. We usually demand managers play strong sides.

It's still pre-season, really. The players need minutes. By all means make changes, but wholesale ones just feels like it will result in something very 'Everton' that.

For me it's a downgraded competition this year without the automatic Europa League qualification. The idea of playing in some conference pre qualifying league is not appealing at all. If Ancelotti thinks different, it's fine.

Given we only played two pre-season games I wouldn't change to much, save Rodriguez for West Brom at the weekend and rest Mina because he often gets injuries. Maybe start with Kean up top.

Hopefully we can go through with the minimum of fuss, keep the good feeling flowing.
I see what you mean about lack of pre season but the players looked in shape and organised, Doucoure said as much himself after the game.

I really hope Kean starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.