Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the first 25 minutes or so where they pressed pretty well they were very poor, and even with the work they actually put in in the first 25 they still only managed 1 shot on target

Defence is appalling and slow, Richarlison will run them ragged and wouldn’t be surprised if you get a penalty for one of them pulling him down, their centre backs seem to forget you can’t get away with all the pulling and holding of strikers in the Prem like you can in the Championship, just look at the penalty they gave away for our 2nd goal, just about sums them up

I'd like two penalties on Saturday if you please. Seems like to going rate... never forget 1968! 4 -0 to the Magical Toffemen. Hope I'm not getting carried away already!

I've always quite liked West Brom. Absolutely nothing against them at all, especially as we always seem to get the best of them. Having said that ...

Fly at them. Absolutely maul them. Make everyone sit up an notice.

One brilliant win doesn't make me forget my roots.. we are notoriously the best side to play when a team is down... Do I think we are a different side to the last couple years? Absolutely.. do I take anything for granted.. never! I'll be as nervous for this as any game because its the expectation that kills you.

Need to build confidence in the side and fans, and a good win will start to build that momentum..

I think we will still be on a sugar high. Richarlison to convert at least once with James opening his account. Watching their defense in disarray over the weekend we could be comfortable by halftime so we can rotate and work the squad a bit. I am keeping one eye on the bogey man after last years debacle against the risers from the Championship.

Could see James playing centrally and us adding another attacker to the formation. so 4-2-3-1/4-2-2-2 instead of 4-3-3. Would like that other attacker to be Kean, but it will probably be Bernard.

Not looking to be negative, but these will be a completely different proposition to Spurs.

They're crap, obviously, but so were Villa last season and they ended up beating us routinely after we'd made an ok start. We mightn't have the same spaces going forward like we had against Spurs and will have to break them down in a different way.

To put it mildly, stranger things have happened than a spawny 0-1 away win here after a week of the media giving us loads of credit and talking us up for the top 6, so I hope we're not complacent about it and show WBA no mercy from the first whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.