2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored today. You would think he played poorly reading this.
Richarlison missed a hat full of chances but isn’t getting the abuse. James also missed two good chances.
DCL scored and looked dangerous.

Hardly "abuse". He played well but that doesn't mean there aren't areas of his game he can't look to improve. Had hardly any touches in the penalty box and only 2 shots. With better movement he might have had more.

I'm a fan of his by the way. His work rate is great, he holds it up well and his heading ability is fantastic.

Blank01-254x348.jpg
2021 Season Home Jersey

Hardly "abuse". He played well but that doesn't mean there aren't areas of his game he can't look to improve. Had hardly any touches in the penalty box and only 2 shots. With better movement he might have had more.

I'm a fan of his by the way. His work rate is great, he holds it up well and his heading ability is fantastic.
why are people moaning about his movement? He was in the perfect spot for an easy finish first half when richy stole that back pass and rounded the keeper. would've had a brace if richarlison didnt try to score from an awful angle. DCL isn't perfect but he's young and getting better. not to mention he's upped his game since Carlo's arrived and carlo seems well pleased with him.

Thought he was on the edges of the match for the first half. Different player in the second, i think Ancelotti said something or he just looked around the dressing room and after the 1st half stepped up the effectiveness.
Isn't that what strikers do? Quiet most of the game but pop up with a winning goal? I would take that every single week. His game has improved but as been said still needs to improve parts of his game but with ancelotti think that will happen

why are people moaning about his movement? He was in the perfect spot for an easy finish first half when richy stole that back pass and rounded the keeper. would've had a brace if richarlison didnt try to score from an awful angle. DCL isn't perfect but he's young and getting better. not to mention he's upped his game since Carlo's arrived and carlo seems well pleased with him.

Because he's often fairly static when we have the ball in the final 3rd and moves after the ball is played. James in particular will thrive with a forward with good movement.

He's definitely continuing to improve all the time. He's got the attributes to be one of the very best strikers. His movement is just an area he still needs to improve on if he's to reach his maximum potential.

Thought he was on the edges of the match for the first half. Different player in the second, i think Ancelotti said something or he just looked around the dressing room and after the 1st half stepped up the effectiveness.

I think first half we struggled to do anything in the final third, but controlled the game up to that point. DCL got no service at all. Second half they changed something, and we were able to get the ball in the final third and create things. James should have buried that chance DCL put on a plate form him, and Richarlison could have set DCL up twice for simple tap ins/chances.

This season there are several players who will be looking to hit the target themselves which might limit dcl's chances. We need to be patient with him. Very pleased for him that he got the goal yesterday.

Not going to criticize him after that, did what good strikers do and score the winner ( great header as well ).

Said before and I'll say again even though I don't think he's the answer he just needs to show some consistency for a longer period then he has and I'll happily change my mind.

The ball for his header was scum though

Played well , contributed to the team overall, scored a superb header which won the match.
What more can a CF do.

Not come from Yorkshire for peanuts. The prawn and avocado crowd don't like it...

The lad done good and took his chance, absolutely minced 2 fully fledged internationals for headed goal. And worked selfishly as usual in between.

Last edited:

Every player has parts of their game they can improve but only this thread seems to be active on them.

Because he's often fairly static when we have the ball in the final 3rd and moves after the ball is played. James in particular will thrive with a forward with good movement.

He's definitely continuing to improve all the time. He's got the attributes to be one of the very best strikers. His movement is just an area he still needs to improve on if he's to reach his maximum potential.

If you watch the chance he made for Rodriguez his movement to pull away from the defender and stay onside was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.