2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

No criticisms for the all-round performance, as he was playing as a lone striker away from home, which is a seriously unforgiving job. To score the winner in those circumstances is a boss effort and deserves extra credit. And then some extra credit on top of that for the quality of the finish.

10/10 today.

....that goal shouldn’t be a surprise, he’s got a prodigious leap and physicality. That type of goal should be commonplace such is his aerial dominance, but whilst he gets on the end of crosses he doesn’t control and guide his headers like Cahill and Ferguson did.

Shortly after he came into the side he missed a sitter of a diving header in a game I was at in the Directors box at Hull. It was harder to miss than score and pictures showed he had his eyes closed at impact. He’s much improved, but there’s a whole load of goals for him if he can be more hit than miss in those situations.

No criticisms for the all-round performance, as he was playing as a lone striker away from home, which is a seriously unforgiving job. To score the winner in those circumstances is a boss effort and deserves extra credit. And then some extra credit on top of that for the quality of the finish.

10/10 today.
That's far better than your last post ;) Rhico I would not be critical of him well he messed up , but another day he scored a hattrick a constant out let the whole game ....
He will be relieved DCL got that corking header .....

Awful 1st half

Put in a shift 2nd half

Very good header

Still think to truly get europe we need someone more clinical from open play (his actual decent run then shooting straight at the keeper is signature DCL).

But overall im happy with him as a squad player 100% always have been.

Last time we beat spurs DCL was 11.

He’s just scored a brilliant header to win the game.

He’s not perfect. But we’d have to spend ALOT of money to get better.

Last time we beat spurs DCL was 11.

He’s just scored a brilliant header to win the game.

He’s not perfect. But we’d have to spend ALOT of money to get better.

I agree I just feel with DCL our fans are ultra defensive over him as they've been hurt by gash strikers at the club since Rom left - a bit of better the devil you know mentality.

Its like a teenage girl who had her first love (Lukaku) end and went out sleeping around with losers and bad boys (Sandro, Tosun) trying to find the spark she had with her first love (Big Rom) she's let down by said losers and is about to give up but then she meets a nice lad who isnt an idiot and has some nice qualities (DCL) but you just don't get the sparks you had with your first.

For me that sums up Evertonians with DCL - some girls would stick with DCL and be happy with what they have so to speak whilst others would twist and try find someone who gets those butterflies bouncing in ya garments.

And as I said - I havent a problem with DCL - he's certainly good enough to be a squad player for us for the forseeable - I just think if we are to truly gatecrash the top 4 we need to take the gamble on someone who has the glass ceiling high enough to be a 20 goals a season forward and what better time than to be able to attract one than with Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

That's far better than your last post ;) Rhico I would not be critical of him well he messed up , but another day he scored a hattrick a constant out let the whole game ....
He will be relieved DCL got that corking header .....

You're right. There's no denying DCL bailed Richarlison out a bit today, but Richarlison's efforts on the left in the second half were invaluable at times too. I think Richarlison's just a bit rusty. I remember him scoring a carbon copy of that first half chance against Brighton not too long back.

Status
Not open for further replies.