Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
the blue can is regular coke label......

coke zero packaging changed.. instead of a black can or bottle they moved to bring the Coca Cola trade mark to the front and just have a black band at the top (The blue can has this strip). This changed a couple years ago with a lot of customers getting very confused .. was all in an effort to make Coca-cola the lead brand with variants rather than have Coke Zero seen as a separate brand to coca-cola...

Hope that clears it up and wasn’t to boring :pint2: ..
That’s a coke I’m drinking

50A2F81F-29D2-45DC-8118-201434729613.png

Shameless marketing.

A few articles in today's media...all saying much the same stuff

Copied this in from Bascombe as under a paywall

James Rodriguez says he can recapture his 2014 World Cup form at Everton
Everton's new signing reveals how Carlo Ancelotti was crucial in his move
James Rodriguez shot to fame in 2014
James Rodriguez shot to fame in 2014 CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
  • Chris Bascombe
10 SEPTEMBER 2020 • 10:30 PM
Everton’s new signing James Rodriguez says he can recapture and eclipse the form which catapulted him to superstardom when he won the Golden Boot at the 2014 World Cup.
Rodriguez secured his move to Real Madrid six years ago on the back of his international performances for Colombia. He enjoyed his best spell at the Bernabeu under Carlo Ancelotti.

As he was unveiled at the Everton’s USM Finch Farm training ground on Thursday, Rodriguez made no secret of the fact it was Ancelotti’s presence that was critical to securing the move.
“It influenced me a lot. It is great to be back having a chance to work with the manager again. We enjoyed a great season together in 2014. It was a great season for me personally and we have a great relationship,” he said.
Asked if he is still the player of 2014, he added: "Yes. Six or seven years ago I had something good, I had a good level. With football, you have to have people beside you who trust in you, so you can give your best.
“I am young and I think I have years left in me of playing good football and that’s why I am here, to do it at this great club.
“As everyone knows, I played little last year and I spoke to Carlo and I think it was good for me to be able to play again. I spoke to him and I said yes. It wasn’t: ‘I’ll think about it and then I’ll tell you’. I said yes, because it was a club with passion and was the right thing for me because I want to be able to play.”

Ancelotti made a point of stressing how Rodriguez made his willingness to join Everton clear during their transfer talks.
The Italian says he turned his back on several Everton targets because he doubted their commitment to his Goodison rebuild. But the enthusiasm of the three he signed - Rodriguez, Allan and Ousmane Doucoure - convinced him to push ahead with the deals after holding discussion with the players.
“We were looking not only for these three players but there is a key question when you talk to a player: do you really want to come?” said Ancelotti.
“There are some that say yes and others that say maybe I have to think about this. The three players we signed simply answered yes. Full stop. I want to have players that have a desire to come to this club, full stop. The player that doesn’t have this desire, we move on. These three players said yes. Simple answer.”
Ancelotti acknowledged the three deals this week have seen Everton invest significantly in older players - something owner Farhad Moshiri and director of football Marcel Brands suggested they would not do a year ago. The manager said there is now more balance in his squad.
“We decided with the club to add more experienced players because I think the average age of the squad is young,” said Ancelotti.
“Allan and James are 29. We have an average of 26.1 or 25.9 so the average of the squad is still young. To have more experienced players I think will be better because sometimes experience is really important.”
. I want to have players that have a desire to come to this club, full stop. The player that doesn’t have this desire, we move on.

Jebus fn Christ how long have we been banging on this. The recruitment strategy seems to be hoping we get the players we want as opposed to getting the players who really want to come here.

. I want to have players that have a desire to come to this club, full stop. The player that doesn’t have this desire, we move on.

Jebus fn Christ how long have we been banging on this. The recruitment strategy seems to be hoping we get the players we want as opposed to getting the players who really want to come here.
Its obvious to say but having Ancelotti here is a turning point to that. Silva had some pull with Richarlison but Ancelotti will have a level of pull with any player. I'm not saying we can get any player but he's certainly opening up new doors for us. There is absolutely no way we sign Allan or James this window without him being here. Good season this year, get into the Europa and there's an even bigger pull next season. Players will want to come here to work with him and the "project" rather than coming for the money. Need to do the business on the pitch this season.

It’s always been true, but much easier to say when you have a world class manager at the helm.

Pipes off again.

I tell you the details behind the signing of James Rodríguez to #Everton .

: https://bit.ly/33iaXDW An exclusive look at the details behind James Rodríguez's move to Everton.

: https://bit.ly/3md5kzs

You can read this text in English here .

The transfer of James Rodríguez to Everton is an important operation that goes 'in favor' of the interests of the 'Toffees' and the midfielder.

The Colombian has become, during the last 6 years, one of the most important players. It all started at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil when, with his 6 goals, he won the golden boot . Additionally, his transfer to Real Madrid for € 80M, physical marvel and talent on the field, have made him the fourth footballer and sixth athlete with the most followers on Instagram ( 46 million ) worldwide. For that reason, and more, his arrival in Everton ( 1.8 million followers ) is a fact that will mark the history of the Colombian and the English club.

The one listed by the big brands has had a career of ups and downs. For example, Zinedine Zidane, the historic French player, is the technical director with whom James shared the worst 3 years. For him, who was also his idol as a child , it has only been an alternative. For that reason, and more, getting out of there was essential for Shannon de Lima's boyfriend .

It was not an easy operation. The 29-year-old player had one year left on his contract (a fact that reduces his price), a very high salary ( € 8.5M per year ) and image rights for complex sponsorships to agree on.

Carletto Ancelotti, Everton coach (DT) was with James in his first year at Real Madrid and his first at Bayern Munich, precisely the two best of the midfielder. The Rodríguez - Everton operation was impossible and his DT did see it a month ago , but the one who did not see it that way was the Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian who devised a mechanism to make that dream come true.

The Asian intermediary asked Jorge Mendes — James Rodríguez's agent and noted for being the best in the world of football — if he would like to and by saying 'yes' the feat began with the endorsement of the blue team. On August 25, Joorabchian brought a deal to Real Madrid that he immediately liked. A divided offer, to which Remezcla had the possibility to know exclusively:

• € 15M for Real Madrid.
  • € 5M signing bonus for James Rodríguez.
  • € 2M for the clubs that trained the Colombian up to the age of 23 (Envigado, Banfield, Porto and Monaco) exercising what was requested by FIFA from the Solidarity Mechanism .
The next step was to convince him. In sports that would not be a problem because he longed to play again. Afterwards, everything went through economics, as Rodríguez earned € 1.9M more at Real Madrid than the highest paid players at Everton: Bernard and Yerry Mina: € 6.8M .

After negotiating for a week, James and Everton agreed to sign for 2 years with the option of another, a salary of 7 million pounds, reducing 28% of their previous salary, but becoming the highest earner of the 'blue' club.

James traveled to London on Wednesday, September 2, and in the evening met with his agent and intermediary in the office of Bill Kenwright, president of Everton. They chatted there and their conclusions were described to Remezcla as " extremely positive ." On Thursday he successfully passed the medical examinations and on Friday he would sign a contract to be presented. But, that did not happen because Real Madrid did not want to bear the costs of its representative and its mediator. While that problem was solved, Rodríguez and Ancelotti dined at a restaurant in Liverpool.

Finally Everton put in the required € 3M , totaling € 25M of the operation, so that the transfer would not fall. That was how Monday, Sept. 7, Liverpool made the announcement .

This will be an important challenge for James Rodríguez, who will have a coach he trusts in a historic club, but who has not been a protagonist since 1987, is not 'Top 3' in the League and who does not frequently access European competitions, but that is where he it suits him best: when he has little to lose and much to gain. Here, you will have the opportunity to help the team in its objectives.

On the club's side, the financial effort is great, but it will pay off in what James means in terms of digital marketing and advertising. It is not for free that they have publicized their transfer in Bogotá , Liverpool , Miami and New York , in addition to launching their account in Spanish to have a global commercial reach, and reporting having reached 400 million people on the day of the announcement.

The man has 46m insta followers. How many Goodison parks is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.