Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it comes closer to deadine day more players will become available and also players we have will move as well. Players at clubs 3 weeks into the season will know where they stand and clubs will also what to move on ones that wont feature much. We will get at least 2 more in

They want shot of him
No one will buy him
Getting him out and saving half the wages will probably do
Seemingly rumours abound we got James for free
Spanish,French and Italian football are in the mire financially
I think there’s several PL teams that would buy him. Spurs and Man Utd. It’s not about the team, it’s about the star rating.

Man utd will not go next o near him
Totally at odds with their model (Sanchez,once bitten twice shy)
Levy allows players to walk for free rather than pay big wages
Even half of Bale's wages would give levy a heart attack

Agree mate I just think realistically if Tomori doesn't sign and we missed out on Gabriel then we are on to our 3rd choice CB - regardless of who it is they likely will not be of a high calibre.

Depending on Holgates injury I would be happy with just adequate cover which Stones would provide.

....the players we’re linked with (Gabriel & Tomori) are similar types in that they are powerfully athletic, dominating CBs with real pace. I don’t think Stones fits that description, so I imagine Brands will go with what we have unless he has others of that type on his shopping list.

Agree mate I just think realistically if Tomori doesn't sign and we missed out on Gabriel then we are on to our 3rd choice CB - regardless of who it is they likely will not be of a high calibre.

Depending on Holgates injury I would be happy with just adequate cover which Stones would provide.

ive always thought that if Keane or Mina play to the best of their abilities (we have seen them both have stunners) then id be happy with Holgate with one of them,v problem is they so up and down

He could still be a top defender in a more normal system. That City team probably play the most aggressive system in European football. They get caught 2 v 3 or even 2 v 4 all the time on the transition against better opposition. It's very hard to look good as a centre half in that team.
Yeah think that's a fair point mate.

I'd take Stones on a loan with an option to buy for like 15-20M. That's about it. I would much rather loan in Tomori for a single season if we're looking for short term outside help.

Status
Not open for further replies.