Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want Zaha, I'd like to see us offer Palace money, plus Kean on loan for the season.. Palace would play him, and we might have much better striker on our hands in a years time.... Young players need to play, not watch from the bench..
Good point but I’d like him to play here and now TBH

If we want Zaha, I'd like to see us offer Palace money, plus Kean on loan for the season.. Palace would play him, and we might have much better striker on our hands in a years time.... Young players need to play, not watch from the bench..

...Palace would only play him if he produces. There’s always an assumption that these loans will be productive but the reality is they are more often not. Points are precious, things don’t work out early and he’ll be out of the team.

They won’t care about his development, they won’t care about a young lad living in the capital city. Kean has still got lots to prove, but I’d much prefer to see him here next season than Zaha.

I think Zaha would compliment this, all out plan that Carlo and Marcel appear to have. Hit the ground running with big players and attempt to catch the teams ahead of us asap and build upon that over the next few season.

He knows the league, has been very good,last year aside when his head appears to have been turned, and gives power and pace.

I presume he means Sancho.

But I've seen nothing to suggest the transfer window is operating at a discount, bar our signings, but that's cos Brands is a DON.

We defo ain't getting Zaha for 25m.

It was a financial report on SNN which brought this to my notice. And sorry, I meantSancho(Too much multitasking going on here at present!) Apparently prices are down by about 30% and Sancho will go to United for around £70 million. This is why United have been taking their time. Last year Palace wanted £80 million for Zaha...now they would probably take half that,tops.

After the three we’ve gotten in, which has been met with about a 90%+ approval rating, Zaha properly divides opinion... which I think tells you all you need to know.
This isn’t happening imo. No credible sources have mentioned it and I think James, Allan and Doucoure were our big signings this window. Might get Arias for a low fee but other than that and a loan I think we’re done.

Obviously things can change if we sell players but as it stands don’t think there’s a chance of this. If we sell a couple I think there is more chance of us buying a young winger from abroad.

After the three we’ve gotten in, which has been met with about a 90%+ approval rating, Zaha properly divides opinion... which I think tells you all you need to know.

I think it’s his value that divides opinion. At 10m we’d all have him. At 80m none of us want him. It’s where the reality lies between the two that is the debate for me.

I was back on the fence but his ability to occupy two defenders could make the space of James and Richarlison etc could be huge.

I really do think some pace on the flanks will make us VERY dangerous next season plenty of teams will hate playing against us.
we have pace, Walcott/Iwobi/Bernard aren't slow are they, They just aren't productive enough, Richarlison gets double marked kicked out the game anyway, Bringing Zaha means they'll just kick two of our players instead.

Just dont get him. He is obvs a talented footballer, but there are not many secrets in football, so I do wonder why he is still at Palace. If he is that good like.

He went to United too young and at the wrong time (i.e. Moyes) and played poorly.

Then he went back to Palace and improved but his value to Palace is too much for anyone to justify buying him. He's a 30m player who they value at twice that because of his importance to their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.