Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% shouldn't have sacked Pochettino but the little scrote owner had worn him down/let him down by not backing him for 3 transfer windows.

Gotta be honest mate, I'm only on here 24/7 :p and I've not seen anyone mentioning winning trophies, just hoping to get a Europa spot and hopefully a good cup run.
I know after writing this I'm gonna yet again be called a "Head Patter" but Everton are currently in the posistion that Spurs were about 10 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with that because it's now obvious that as a club you now seem to be on the up and if it all goes to plan, I fully expect Spurs (or maybe Arsenal) to be the first team you overtake and if Spurs or Arsenal go very far in Europe/have a fixture pile up, you could get very close but I don't t think it will be this season though.
Buy Zaha this window, keep Richie and splash the cash again the season after and it will be a disappointment of you don't win something or make Europe?
Even with all the other new signings, I think Zaha could be player of the season for you lot.

Really good post.

Spurs and Arsenal are playing with the sides below them, just trying to spend enough to stay above them without investing properly.

It'll come back to haunt them one season.

I agree this season is too early for us. We've got good forward options but DCL is too inexperienced and Kane is a proven striker who will drag Spurs through a lot of games they shouldn't be winning, same with Aubameyang at Arsenal. Our keeper is rubbish too.

Unless we make one or two more big signings I can't see us being strong enough to make a huge impression on the league, Europa is possible though, but we will probably be a good shout for one of the cups this season. If we can build on the signings this season I think we can really go for it next season.

Don't want him. Could use a similar player, on paper, but he's underachieving. Last window left a bad taste. Good feeling around the club right now. Pass.

True but he wanted to come here. Perfer that fast mexican from Napoli as younger and better value but zaha is much better than what we have out wide. Ditch that rubbish walcott and iwobi that have been very poor.

Really good post.

Spurs and Arsenal are playing with the sides below them, just trying to spend enough to stay above them without investing properly.

I agree this season is too early for us. We've got good forward options but DCL is too inexperienced and Kane is a proven striker who will drag Spurs through a lot of games they shouldn't be winning, same with Aubameyang at Arsenal. Our keeper is rubbish too.

Unless we make one or two more big signings I can't see us being strong enough to make a huge impression on the league, Europa is possible though, but we will probably be a good shout for one of the cups this season. If we can build on the signings this season I think we can really go for it next season.

Yeah, pretty much the same thinking regarding Everton (and that's the first and probably last time someone will write "Good Post." lol

Spurs definitely ain't spending big but I've already wrote that I'm happy with our small cost, low profile signings because they are also for our two weakest posistions.

I don't really follow anything about Arsenal but I do think they have again spent a fair few quid so far this window but I only know of the one,mthe player they got instead of Everton.
I don't know how much he cost and how much they may have already spent on others or if they have got Aubameyang to sign a new contract to stay?

I know they yet again won the F.A. Cup again but their lowly league possistion showed that they were lacking so they needed to spend.

100% shouldn't have sacked Pochettino but the little scrote owner had worn him down/let him down by not backing him for 3 transfer windows.

Gotta be honest mate, I'm only on here 24/7 :p and I've not seen anyone mentioning winning trophies, just hoping to get a Europa spot and hopefully a good cup run.
I know after writing this I'm gonna yet again be called a "Head Patter" but Everton are currently in the posistion that Spurs were about 10 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with that because it's now obvious that as a club you now seem to be on the up and if it all goes to plan, I fully expect Spurs (or maybe Arsenal) to be the first team you overtake and if Spurs or Arsenal go very far in Europe/have a fixture pile up, you could get very close but I don't t think it will be this season though.
Buy Zaha this window, keep Richie and splash the cash again the season after and it will be a disappointment of you don't win something or make Europe?
Even with all the other new signings, I think Zaha could be player of the season for you lot.
I agree with you I was just lashing out to be fair, i'm really petty arn't I. Although I would prefer any pot over Europa.

Although as I said I do not believe Poch should have been sacked and Jose is a money manager and not the right fit, I can only see him taking you guys backwards from here on out which is a shame because you lot were an excellent team not so long ago.

Having said that I don't think we will beat Spurs away on Sunday, with it being away, but I hold hope.

Last edited:

Really good post.

I think Carlo will want 1 more for up tops, whether that's a top striker or attacking winger.

I'm not sure but someone can convince me
I can't help feeling he won't be much better than Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard & Bolasie even, and certainly not for £40m. I know he's better than them, but at another £40m? Unless the deal gets rid of Bolasie and Tosun in the process.
Would much rather we invest in a younger prospect for the attacking positions now, and take a risk on the goals and attacking threat coming from Richarlison, James, and 2-3 out of Walcott, Gordon, Bernard and DCL - all of whom will improve in this team.

Yes please, hope this comes off.

Then, along with Tomori on loan, possibly and out-and-out striker, and a LB - oh my days! Don Carlo's Reverlution!

Status
Not open for further replies.