Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see him in the team to be honest, he’s worth 9 points per season with his goals from midfield, our reliance on DCL and Richy last season with a huge amount of missed chances, poor positioning, poor runs and poor understanding of transitions within a game from our current crop of midfielders.

Anyone who doubts that, look at the stats with what he has done with palace, and then consider the idea of moneyball, just because as an individual he may or may not add much, as a team player he’s worth X amount.

If this one comes off, decent. If it doesn’t then it’s another one floated through the rumour mill, Zaha probably knows it’s his last opportunity to be trained under a world class manager which he missed at United.

What’s your thoughts on Zaha mate? I sense you see him as irreplaceable, even allowing for a disappointing season for the player and the club.
How long have you got?
I rate him, he has been the best outfield player for us for the past few seasons. His stats last season didn’t reflect his impact on games by drawing defenders and creating space for others. Jordan Ayew was a revelation last season not least due to Zaha’s support. However, he is our only saleable asset and his value is diminishing so if he is going to go he had better go soon.
His previous spell away from Palace didn’t go well and there were rumours of him being a bit of a big time Charlie when there. He wasn’t bought by Moyes and let’s face it, he’s not a Moyes type player. If he had been at Everton at the time he wouldn’t have got a game over Leon Osman!
We would like to keep him but if he went he would go with Palace fans best wishes.
He has been on fire in pre season. No one is irreplaceable but he would be missed.
If he went to Everton (or Arsenal) there are a few players who wouldn’t be welcome in part exchange. You know who they are. Let’s not mention them again..

How long have you got?
I rate him, he has been the best outfield player for us for the past few seasons. His stats last season didn’t reflect his impact on games by drawing defenders and creating space for others. Jordan Ayew was a revelation last season not least due to Zaha’s support. However, he is our only saleable asset and his value is diminishing so if he is going to go he had better go soon.
His previous spell away from Palace didn’t go well and there were rumours of him being a bit of a big time Charlie when there. He wasn’t bought by Moyes and let’s face it, he’s not a Moyes type player. If he had been at Everton at the time he wouldn’t have got a game over Leon Osman!
We would like to keep him but if he went he would go with Palace fans best wishes.
He has been on fire in pre season. No one is irreplaceable but he would be missed.
If he went to Everton (or Arsenal) there are a few players who wouldn’t be welcome in part exchange. You know who they are. Let’s not mention them again..
Would Iwobi, I think palace would take him?

1. No
2. It’s not out of the question I suppose.
I think Palace would be more against taking older players due to their ageing squad, they really need to look at it and add some youth, I don't think you would take Bolasie, that is abit insulting to palace. I think you would iwobi.

Initially I thought so but it seems that Eze is best in a No.10 role and there is a bit of salivating about them playing together. Certainly in the pre season friendly v Charlton they played like Harlem Globe Trotters who had played together for years.

Hopefully we can offer Iwobi + cash for Wilf if Eze plays more central.

Eze, IwobI, Batshuayi & that other CF Palace have been linked with in replacement to Zaha would be good business for you lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.