Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 2 things on this possible Tomori deal:

1. Has anyone thought we should try and get an option to buy him at the end of the deal, in case he turns out to be good? I personally think this would be an excellent idea; and
2. Even if we didn't do that, people seem to be forgetting that we are going to be super amazing next year and Tomori will probably be pushing for a move to the Mighty Ev even if Fat Frank doesn't want to sell him.

Boga is one of the best dribblers about. Low centre of gravity and the ball just sticks to his feet. Him cutting in from the left with Digne overlapping would be lovely.
I don't dispute that part of it. What I worry about is where the ball goes at the end of the dribbles. Last season it was the net, but that's a big outlier on his career thus far and from watching some of the highlights it looks down to a hot finishing streak more than anything.

...it’s not his fault he he was given a 3 year contract. From what I know, he’s keen to kick-start his career elsewhere but there’s been no offers. His salary is probably the draw back. Top lad apparently, academically outstanding (he did A levels when a full time footballer).

The terminology you use should be directed at the club (Steve Walsh) who gave a number of youngsters and senior professionals lengthy and costly contracts that were not warranted.

It really was a sackable act giving Matty Penn a new contract. Od course he was going to grab it with 2 hands. Very very average player.

I don't think we need worry about a loan for Tomori without the buy option.

We do have two very good young players who maybe are just not ready yet for the first team. The loan for Tomori will give them a chance to develop.

My guess is GIbson goes on loan but Branthwaite stays with the squad (training w/ first team, playing w/U23s) until at least Jan.

Mina will have two years left on his contract next year (right?) so then next summer we assess whether Mina should be sold or get a new deal, if Gibson and/or Branthwaite are ready, and if Tomori is too good not to try and sign.

We'll have plenty of options though.

Status
Not open for further replies.