Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost had him on loan last season once Lampard decided he’d play Zouma. Only fell through when David Luiz decided he wanted to leave. Probably truth in this one

Let's see what happens with this lad, I'd be fine with it with an option, made up even. But I hate loaning players within from the Premier League without an option.

People are too precious about this tbh. If he helps us for a year then great. We aren’t ‘developing him for Chelsea’, as if we don’t sign him, then someone else in the Prem will.

But are you loaned on him? All that matters...

tenor.gif

We've done well getting in James, Allan and Doucoure. Doubt the finances are there to spend on a top CB as well, even if the option to buy isn't overtly stated it can still happen, see Rom and Geri.

Allows us to get in a quality player ready made for the side and worse comes to worse we've just bought ourselves another year to scout a new CB rather than going into the season short like we did last summer.

Chelsea wont loan him out unless confident of some minutes.

If no agreement in place for a permanent transfer, I'd swerve unless Gibson/Branthwaite are boxed off for loans.

Learn from Zouma...

Youd have to imagine they were quite sure on loans being available. Apparently Huddersfield like Gibson and Brainthwaite will play for Watford.

The issue is next year. You will have probably 6 lads, under 30. So 2 will need to be moved on (1 could be Tomori).

From the bits I've seen, I like him.

Do have to wonder where he fits in here.
Keane just signed a new 5 year deal and Holgate was one of our best players last season, the 2 seem to be building a good partnership at the back.

Tomori would be an amazing option to have as back-up, but I doubt he or Chelsea would want him spending most of his time here on the bench...

Status
Not open for further replies.