Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sons a clown, don’t you dare use that word again
Bluewolf and GwladysPhil I like both you as posters but let’s put the dictionary down and let me educate those lucky enough not to know the severity of the word. When my eldest child was statemented and classed disabled we were told by word and by paper that our child is retarded and will always be disabled move on a few years when another child born with same condition The SAME DOCTOR who statemented eldest child tells us that they don't use the word retarded anymore as it's HIGHLY OFFENSIVE and should never have been used. So when you dip in and out of the forum for light relief from our days I and many others don't want to hear ignorant posters shouting retards for laughs and likes in humour at people they're mocking. I've thick skin and don't offend easy but throwing that word around to me and many others is like an attack ON our kids and those that can't defend themselves. in my case my children whom I'll always defend like any parent. That same dictionary has literally 1000s of other words pick another preferably a word that's not offensive or has another meaning in an urban dictionary

Bluewolf and GwladysPhil I like both you as posters but let’s put the dictionary down and let me educate those lucky enough not to know the severity of the word. When my eldest child was statemented and classed disabled we were told by word and by paper that our child is retarded and will always be disabled move on a few years when another child born with same condition The SAME DOCTOR who statemented eldest child tells us that they don't use the word retarded anymore as it's HIGHLY OFFENSIVE and should never have been used. So when you dip in and out of the forum for light relief from our days I and many others don't want to hear ignorant posters shouting retards for laughs and likes in humour at people they're mocking. I've thick skin and don't offend easy but throwing that word around to me and many others is like an attack ON our kids and those that can't defend themselves. in my case my children whom I'll always defend like any parent. That same dictionary has literally 1000s of other words pick another preferably a word that's not offensive or has another meaning in an urban dictionary
View attachment 100199

That word doesn't and hasn't ment what you people think it means for a very long time. So I think everyone's reaction to it is a bit over the top tbh.

For it to be used in a offensive term towards people with disabilities it would have to he used in a sentence along the lines of "he was also an adolescent with retarded social development, a Peter Pan who never grew up"

what the op posted was in reference to the informal of foolish or stupid reference of the word. While this is still a offensive word and obviously against the fourm rules it should not be for the wrong reason the posters quoted are claiming it is offensive for.

I just don't want to see other forum members being crucified for a misconception or fourm members getting upset over misinterpretation. Hope this helps.

Anyway I can't wait for James to sign. I think he'll be a real linchpin of the way we play and I really hope he gets the number 10 shirt.
[/QUOTE]

View attachment 100199

That word doesn't and hasn't ment what you people think it means for a very long time. So I think everyone's reaction to it is a bit over the top tbh.

For it to be used in a offensive term towards people with disabilities it would have to he used in a sentence along the lines of "he was also an adolescent with retarded social development, a Peter Pan who never grew up"

what the op posted was in reference to the informal of foolish or stupid reference of the word. While this is still a offensive word and obviously against the fourm rules it should not be for the wrong reason the posters quoted are claiming it is offensive for.

I just don't want to see other forum members being crucified for a misconception or fourm members getting upset over misinterpretation. Hope this helps.

Anyway I can't wait for James to sign. I think he'll be a real linchpin of the way we play and I really hope he gets the number 10 shirt.
Fair enough buddy. We all have our own experiences and interpretations. Good post mate.

I understand this and doubt those that see it will be using that word afterwards, I also don't like when people use cancer as a tag line... talking about "cutting it out like a cancer" it's just not necessary.

?
Oh, right. A typo obviously means anything I've said is wrong then. I often think of how people like you deal with talking to people in real life when you don't have grammar or spelling mistakes to hide behind. Must be a hoot at parties :coffee:

Yes James will be the most high profile signing we've made for quite some time. I wonder if opening a everton store in Columbia could be a profitable venture for the club.
? You should finish with a
? As you asked a question.

I actually have no more Youtube videos of him to watch, iv watched the lot.
Just been looking at some of his Real Madrid/Bayern Munich highlights. So many amazing goals and assists. Most of them seem to come from the centre of the pitch though. Looking forward to seeing which formation Carlo is going to use to get the best out of him.

He should play in the centre.

Also, loving the "nOt dOnE aNyThInG sInCe 2014" Football Twitter virgin shouts.

Just the 1-in-3 goals AND assists for Real... x2 champions league medals, x2 Spanish titles, x1 Spanish cup & x2 German titles... yeah mate, done absolutely nothing since 2014 lol
Anyone saying that is outing themselves as not paying attention or being completely dim.

There are a few legit criticisms including the injury stuff, but the "Not done nothing" stuff is amazingly dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.