Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@catcherintherye just specifcally on the players you mentioned;

Koulibaly: I think we have no chance. His fee would be north of £60mil and seeing as weve (nearly) spent circa £65mil on 3 players would we then lash out that kind of fee on him when we still need GK / RB / LM ?

Bale: He's an interesting one. It appears as though Real have £30mil in wages to pay him over the next 2 years which amounts to £288k a week. Thats well out of our grasp of course but we could offer £140k a week which is about half + £15mil in 'bonuses'. Also perhaps we could do a deal with Real for a loan 50/50 wages split or something similar?

In his interview he seemed very keen to play and, like James hasnt been playing every week so could be 'fresher' than most.

Is £30mil for 2 years with Bale going to be worth it? Well yes, if it pushes us into the top 4 we would make our money back quite easily.

Coutinho: would he be a good signing if we have James on the right already? Both players arent the quickest of course and im not sure the balance would be right. It 'may' work if James plays as a 10 and Coutinho on the left...but then were short on the right. Also as an ex RS player, i cant see it myself.

Throwing one more in...

Lemar: Rumoured to be available at £25mil having moved to Atletico for £65mil 2 summers ago. On the left i think he would be devastating, cutting inside at pace and driving towards goal and taking passes from James with his fantastic control. The key here also is with Digne behind motoring down the left on paper its the perfect French combo.

Also only 24 and adds to our strong nucleus of players u25.

@catcherintherye just specifcally on the players you mentioned;

Koulibaly: I think we have no chance. His fee would be north of £60mil and seeing as weve (nearly) spent circa £65mil on 3 players would we then lash out that kind of fee on him when we still need GK / RB / LM ?

Bale: He's an interesting one. It appears as though Real have £30mil in wages to pay him over the next 2 years which amounts to £288k a week. Thats well out of our grasp of course but we could offer £140k a week which is about half + £15mil in 'bonuses'. Also perhaps we could do a deal with Real for a loan 50/50 wages split or something similar?

In his interview he seemed very keen to play and, like James hasnt been playing every week so could be 'fresher' than most.

Is £30mil for 2 years with Bale going to be worth it? Well yes, if it pushes us into the top 4 we would make our money back quite easily.

Coutinho: would he be a good signing if we have James on the right already? Both players arent the quickest of course and im not sure the balance would be right. It 'may' work if James plays as a 10 and Coutinho on the left...but then were short on the right. Also as an ex RS player, i cant see it myself.

Throwing one more in...

Lemar: Rumoured to be available at £25mil having moved to Atletico for £65mil 2 summers ago. On the left i think he would be devastating, cutting inside at pace and driving towards goal and taking passes from James with his fantastic control. The key here also is with Digne behind motoring down the left on paper its the perfect French combo.

Also only 24 and adds to our strong nucleus of players u25.
I wouldn't pay for Lemar. Loan to buy or nothing. Too much uncertainty.

Bed wetting at its finest.

Thought I might actually see some positivity in here today but as usual people find a way to put a negative spin on things so that they can have a moan
And here I thought everyone was allowed an opinion without getting vilified or put down but here we are, can’t always get what we want :p

Fees agreed, next day they fly over for a medical, next day they iron it out, then it’s done.

This isn't taking ages, the transfer doesn't begin when our interest is reported by some hart outlet months before they sign, it begins when the fee is agreed. This is actually progressing very quickly and some of you need to chill out.

I guess it depends whether you're looking at "highest profile transfer" or "highest profile player"

James's profile is higher - i.e he as an individual is more well known and known by more people - than Di Maria was when signing for Utd. The transfer itself you can certainly argue is less high profile due mostly to our status vs Utd's

I don't even know how you can claim that, to be honest.

Di Maria had just won a Champions League and been in the Semi finals of the World Cup.

Rodriguez' star has fallen considerably since 2014.

And here I thought everyone was allowed an opinion without getting vilified or put down but here we are, can’t always get what we want :p

When did I say you weren’t allowed an opinion?

You and the other bedwetters are free to keep getting upset about baseless speculation. It’s what you do (not you personally but in general)

We are on the verge of completing deals for 3 top players yet people are still finding ways to turn that into a negative. It just baffles me

I don't even know how you can claim that, to be honest.

Di Maria had just won a Champions League and been in the Semi finals of the World Cup.

Rodriguez' star has fallen considerably since 2014.
Because people don't just forget you exist after a couple of weaker seasons. David Beckham hasn't kicked a football in 7 years, and Jordan Henderson has won the CL and the Premier League in the last 18 months. Who do you reckon has a higher profile?

And while you might be right that not everything should be based on social media following (though marketing experts etc would probably argue that point), perhaps you could at least touch on the fact that Rodriguez is the 4th or 5th most followed footballer on the planet?

You and the other bedwetters are free to keep getting upset about baseless speculation. It’s what you do (not you personally but in general)

We are on the verge of completing deals for 3 top players yet people are still finding ways to turn that into a negative. It just baffles me
So, I want to touch on this personally. I'm not getting upset or annoyed, it's just that Everton take so bleedin long to get anything done it sucks the excitement from a lot of transfers. Just give me a picture of the lad signing the contract and get it over with.

All I’m saying is, as long as we’re just ‘on the verge’, I can’t allow myself to get too excited. Of course mad stories of delays and issues (true or not) are going to rattle me (and others) a bit when we’re apparently so close

Status
Not open for further replies.