Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to think about it for what it is mate, football is going into recession. As you eloquently put it, there are significant pressures on clubs, with footfall, Tv, commercial revenue all at risk. Before any of this really we were seeing a slow down in the exponential growth in Tv rights.

The pandemic has been hugely and subtlety unhelpful. even down to people pausing Sky sports for a few months and realised they can well live without and watch match of the day instead.

Its inevitable really, all industry's go through boom and bust and football is heading toward a recession.

What this means for Sustainability and Cost in the PL and FFP in Europe (which was in trouble any way) is anyone guess. For me i think its pretty nailed on that both will be shelved for the next couple of years, they were rules to regulate a boom, not a recession and i think in the next while, governing bodies will want clubs to get revenue in any way they can, PL and Uefa - dont forget they have their noses at the trough to.

I think the crash is happening, but its often in the months after the true effect is felt so in 6 months time you are going to start hearing tales of woe, we might even see the loss of transfer window so clubs can trade. It also begs the question for me, is with the loss of growth in the game that has always printed money will we see owners look for a return on their investment now and takeovers etc and values drop.

Its going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds, but i think we are definitely heading into the first football recession in a long time and many of the rules governing the boom, like sustainability and cost PL rules, FFP and maybe even transfer windows going out the window.
If supporters are kept from the grounds for much longer I can see 10-15 clubs in real danger of folding

It goes from excitement day after day, to been bored and wishing they would hurry up, to panic for some hoping nothing has gone wrong because they take a lifetime
I know - I'm going to be sick of hearing about them by the time we announce it.

Give me the excitement of that last-minute Drenthe and Stracqualursi swoop that blindsided us all. I mean, yeah, by the next morning we all knew they'd be crap, but still...

Handing these out for free outside FF if anyone needs one:

1599223839492.png

I believe the deadline to register a player will be 12pm Friday 11th for the first round of fixtures.

Which basically means that non of these players will probably be even in the squad for the Spurs match. Great work, take your time Ev.

It is frustrating that other teams seem to agree a fee, get the medical done and have it announced in a matter of days. This isn’t bed wetting either, just airing the frustration of the classic Everton slow process. It does have knock on effects if none of them are done in time for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.