New Everton Stadium Discussion

Construction collapsed. There are greatt deals to be had. I work in the field and I’ve seen it,

So do I.

With regards to the Stadium , you would only have a few main contractors who could do this type of build.

Laings will be working on 2% ( at a guess )

If anything, costs will go up due to covid 19 and making the site safe to work while we have a pandemic going on.

Construction collapsed. There are greatt deals to be had. I work in the field and I’ve seen it,

I too work in construction ( not major projects ) but not seen any collapse and if anything material costs have increased , the coming months if a major recession as forecasts happens then I can see a drop in labour and material costs but the said recession depending how deep also brIngs other viability issues

I too work in construction ( not major projects ) but not seen any collapse and if anything material costs have increased , the coming months if a major recession as forecasts happens then I can see a drop in labour and material costs but the said recession depending how deep also brIngs other viability issues
It does bring other issues, but the Morshibplan to make money from football is based on building a new stadium.
we won’t be in recession in four years time, the economy will be well into the rebound cycle.

materials are cheaper,
dis3.gif

Materials are through the roof atm

Quick example, bags of multi finish plaster were going for up to £50 a bag recently.

Usually about a fiver a bag, but yeah, materials are dead cheap atm lol

Quick example, bags of multi finish plaster were going for up to £50 a bag recently.

That's because a large man with a Russian accent and accompanied by a load of bodyguards bought all the plaster in the North West recently. Said he was building a large extension off Regent Road.

Thats because Gypsum closed during the pandemic, before building sites, then opened up again after building sites. Purely supply and demand. Not all materials are in that position. I'm sure that by the time plaster is needed at BMD it'll be back to normal.