Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does taking half the money for the last of his career benefit him?

Say Tosun earns 80k a week at Everton - has 2 years left on his deal. Doesnt play in that time, loses place in the international set up and when his contract expires no one realistically touches him bar some 2nd division outfit offering him peanuts.

Or he joins a Celtic for 40k a week on a 4-5 year deal - earns roughly the same as he would at Everton or more, keeps his place in the international set up, plays regular football and also has the chance to get a move elswhere if he performs well and a higher paid contract.

People seem to believe that the likes of Sandro, Bolasie etc are happy never playing football and want to leech the club dry.

Thats not the case.

Say Tosun earns 80k a week at Everton - has 2 years left on his deal. Doesnt play in that time, loses place in the international set up and when his contract expires no one realistically touches him bar some 2nd division outfit offering him peanuts.

Or he joins a Celtic for 40k a week on a 4-5 year deal - earns roughly the same as he would at Everton or more, keeps his place in the international set up, plays regular football and also has the chance to get a move elswhere if he performs well and a higher paid contract.

People seem to have this warped opinion that the likes of Tosun, Sandro, Bolasie are happy never playing football and want to leech the club dry.

Thats not the case.

Tosun would move back to Turkey on a free after making himself financially secure. He'd still be considered decent enough for a top division side over there, maybe one that considers itself on the up and is looking for a high-profile signing. He might do even better and still attract one of the bigger clubs there. There are always takers for players, just not always on the terms we want.

People seem to believe that the likes of Sandro, Bolasie etc are happy never playing football and want to leech the club dry.

Thats not the case.

I understand that. However, I dont think Tosun has, with his injuries, 5 years left in him.

Also, at 40 to 50k a week he would be Celtics highest earner. At least compared to the 37k a week Sinclair's one year option was reported at, to make him the highest paid player.

Average weekly wage at Celtic is about 18k a week.

Ahead of Pickford and for a cheap price? Sure. Not that that's what we're discussing.

Romero has 39 clean sheets in 61 appearances for United. You can't look past that just because he's second choice. Gazzaniga is second choice at Spurs and he's miles better than Pickford.
Utd have brought Henderson back to provide real competition for De Gea because there Romero was not good enough to get in the team.
Now I see suggestions we sign Romero and make him no. 1

Papers reporting PSG have a 40% sell on fee for Edouard so Celtic want big money.

This is where Everton should get creative and offer cash + player so they aint paying PSG as much.

£25 million + Tosun should do it.
Think some clubs get around sell on fees by sorting out loans with v large fees and the transfer fee at the end of the of the loan being a smaller fee to avoid the loss on the sell-on clause

Utd have brought Henderson back to provide real competition for De Gea because there Romero was not good enough to get in the team.

Just because Ole doesn't think he can drop £375k p/w De Gea for Romero does not mean he isn't a great goalkeeper and looking at it that simplistically makes you look silly. His record is great across his career, most capped Argentinian keeper, and if you think he's no better than Pickford I'm assuming you're actually blind which if so I'm sorry, must be a rough life.

(Apps / GC / CS)

No. United have brought Henderson back as he’s better than De Gea.

De Gea largely kept his place as he’s on £250k a week. Romero arguably did better than him when he came in. He’s a very good keeper.

JR incoming but is it just a season long loan or permanent signing or maybe even loan with option to buy?
I've read different things.

Ahead of Pickford and for a cheap price? Sure. Not that that's what we're discussing.

Romero has 39 clean sheets in 61 appearances for United. You can't look past that just because he's second choice. Gazzaniga is second choice at Spurs and he's miles better than Pickford.

My issue would be he's only played in the cups for United, he's not got any exsperience in the premier league. When I have seen him play he's not adverse to throwing one in his own net.

He may be better the pickford but by how much? I want pickford out the club but we need someone who's a vast improvement on him and I'm not so sure he is.

My issue would be he's only played in the cups for United, he's not got any exsperience in the premier league. When I have seen him play he's not adverse to throwing one in his own net.

He may be better the pickford but by how much? I want pickford out the club but we need someone who's a vast improvement on him and I'm not so sure he is.

6 clean sheets in 7 PL games :D

Status
Not open for further replies.