Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can’t quite believe that this will happen, but, if it does it will be a great move for us on many levels. We get a very very gifted player, with a finely tuned football brain, we raise our club profile significantly on the international stage, we keep Carlo happy by giving him one of the players he trusts and respects.

I think that the club will go all out to get this one done if they can, I can just imagine Mosh now, calling old yellow tie at sky to tell him about our Hollywood signing “ good ebening Jim.

Genuine question. Has anybody watched him regularly since that world Cup? Where do you expect us to play him?
I’ve seen a fair bit of him - he was still excellent for Madrid and for a good while. His first season on loan at Bayern he was also excellent. Last two seasons he hasn’t played as much due to injuries / not fitting coaches tactical plans, but still posts good numbers for his appearances.

IF, (and it’s a big if) we can keep him fit and playing, he would be an excellent signing. Carlo does play a 4-4-2, but likes a fluid formation where one winger acts as a playmaker and the other acts as a out and out winger, so he would fit in as a wide playmaker, likely cutting inside from the right wing. He would be our most creative player by a country mile, and we severely lack creativity.

We also need to consider the commercial side and profile of Everton - James Rodriguez is a superstar and would massively improve our profile in numerous ways

Edit: for the stats guys, here are some figures:
Since moving to Monaco in 2013, James Rodriguez has had a direct hand in 106 goals in 162 games in Europe's top five leagues.

He's averaged a goal or an assist every 102 minutes in that time

Last edited:
Actually for this one I’m not bothered what he costs.. the PR behind such a statement signing is worth loads.. chaps ive told around the office mouths all fell open.. the guy is a baller!

anyway.. don’t worry what Esk or anyone says.. if Ryazantsev actually approves it good for me.. the computer would have said yeS

James could play 5 games a season and those 5 games would have me excited to see him play, I can't say that for any of the other dossers in our squad.
What has me uneasy is that none of these dossers are gone. When Schneidelin went to Nice fairly early I was hopefully we would be shifting this lot.....

Hamaz's wages wouldn't be so much of a concern if we got rid of Sigy.

What has me uneasy is that none of these dossers are gone. When Schneidelin went to Nice fairly early I was hopefully we would be shifting this lot.....

Hamaz's wages wouldn't be so much of a concern if we got rid of Sigy.
Although Bernard is not our main problem he is on a very big wage due to being signed on a free agent, would James play a similar amount of games as him even if he had injuries, probably. Getting rid of Bernard could go a long way to covering James wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.