2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointing last season, but still don't think he's a priority. I think we need an entire new midfield, and another centre half before him.

Ancelotti will know the score.

Get a keeper to give some actual competition - I'll be laughed at but I'd have went for Joe Hart on the right wages.
Ben Foster for me. Decent keeper on a short term deal who had a decent season in spite of the rest of his team. A stop gap to give us some breathing room

Really disappointing last season, but still don't think he's a priority. I think we need an entire new midfield, and another centre half before him.

Ancelotti will know the score.

Get a keeper to give some actual competition - I'll be laughed at but I'd have went for Joe Hart on the right wages.
He's so much worse than Pickford, Rather get Robles back.

Areola at PSG, Lunin at Real Madrid, Perin at Juventus, Meret at Napoli we could all enquire about a realistic loan. We would probably have to guarentee them first team football though

Think Meret would go out on loan? he's a good keeper, cant see Napoli letting that happen he nearly played 30 times last season.

Lunin I could see, Brands has history there. ill be honest, I would take any decent backup right now to push and displace Pickford. He is becoming a larger problem with every game I think - the midfield is gaping, massively, but the man between the sticks is starting to need a push.

Ben Foster for me. Decent keeper on a short term deal who had a decent season in spite of the rest of his team. A stop gap to give us some breathing room

He`d be worth a short term contract even if was start on the bench and put pressure on Pickford.

As it stands, Pickford is safe in the knowledge that he can make mistake after mistake, behave like a tit and still not get dropped due to the lack of a quality back up.

He`d be worth a short term contract even if was start on the bench and put pressure on Pickford.

As it stands, Pickford is safe in the knowledge that he can make mistake after mistake, behave like a tit and still not get dropped due to the lack of a quality back up.
And it shows. It properly shows. When he’s dropped for England we might see a reaction however

His form has nosedived considerably, too many high profile mistakes and he doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to get through this. I see him fading from the international scene and into relative obscurity unless he makes huge changes to his personality and I don't think that will happen.

In Pickfords first season he won Player of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season. He then to the World Cup as Englands undisputed number 1 producing saves like this:

An inconsistent 18/19 season and by his standards he set a fairly poor 19/20 season the general consensus seems like hes now a bad player.

I personally think the guys is a very good keeper out of form what are the reasons for him being out of form? World Cup meant he was too big for his boots, lack of competition at club level not pushing him?

This notion that hes always been terrible is pathetic- people either have short memories or his first season doesnt fit their agenda.

In Pickfords first season he won Player of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season. He then to the World Cup as Englands undisputed number 1 producing saves like this:

An inconsistent 18/19 season and by his standards he set a fairly poor 19/20 season the general consensus seems like hes now a bad player.

I personally think the guys is a very good keeper out of form what are the reasons for him being out of form? World Cup meant he was too big for his boots, lack of competition at club level not pushing him?

This notion that hes always been terrible is pathetic- people either have short memories or his first season doesnt fit their agenda.
George Orwell couldn't have written that and kept a straight face.

He changed immediately after returning from the world cup. His attitude was terrible and his form soon dipped.

He has plenty of ability but it's irrelevant unless he can improve his mentality. I don't think it's likely we seen him return to the form he's capable of.

This notion that hes always been terrible is pathetic- people either have short memories or his first season doesnt fit their agenda.,

Can you show us tho goals v Croatia from that World Cup, especially the second one, there’s always been a mistake in him, and if he can’t calm down there always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.