Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh for me Gibson should be the one sent on loan to Watford if they're looking a centre half.

Gibson has a bit more experience now so would know what to expect when it comes to a loan. His next step would be to go on loan to a Championship side after his successful loan at Fleetwood.

Depends how much Gibson impresses Ancelotti though as he's currently with the 1st team squad. I wouldn't be against keeping him here if we knew there would be minutes available for him.

....i think Branthwaite has leapfrogged Gibson and is now a definite first team squad player. if a youngster is very special, then I’d be wary of sending him out.

Much will depend on whether the coaches think Gibson can make the step up. If we do bring in the likes of Tomori, its hard to see Gibson being involved.
Yeah. Bringing in Tomori throws my argument out of the window. We'll see how that develops

Personally I think Gibson is ahead of the two but Jarrad took his chance when it came so who knows.

Loans rarely work out, but ironically Tomori's Derby loan was one that proved the exception.

You never know, Tomori may pave the way to cash in on Keane or Mina and raise funds needed for FFP, with the two kids both being part of the long term plans.

Last edited:

Fairly easy to build a great team, when you’ve already got a great team. All those lads were preceded by great players and given time to get their ability in the squad and always had the ability to replace them if things didn’t work out.

Alaba is also effectively a youth player. Neuer was one of most expensive keepers in the world when they bought him. Gnabry had a release clause. Lewandowski and Goretzka ran down their contracts just to get a move to Bayern. Thiago and Boateng were cast offs from big clubs who thought they were surplus to requirements. They’re also getting Sane this summer to replace Perisic after what I’d basically say is tapping him up for years at this point.

The only actual credit should be to Davies and Kimmich the rest are players that no other team except a club the size of Bayern could even dream of getting, it’s not like these were some magic bargains that could’ve gone to anyone. People look at Davies and say what a great bit of business they did but don’t think of Hernandez sitting on the bench for €80m.

Bizarre to think that a team like Everton could employ a model like this not that that’s what you’re saying by posting it. I just think people look at this Bayern team, see exactly what you see here with the values and then assume they’ve got some great scouting that no one else has.

They’re the biggest team in Germany and they’re terrible for having players run down their contracts so they get them for free or for a low price, they’ve done it numerous times depriving a lesser team of a good fee and making their league less competitive, if Manchester City or Chelsea habitually done it in the Premier League people would rightly be going mad.

which is precisely why I hate Bayern.

Yeah. Bringing in Tomori throws my argument out of the window. We'll see how that develops

Personally I think Gibson is ahead of the two but Jarrad took his chance when it came so who knows.

Loans rarely work out, but ironically Tomori's Derby loan was one that proved the exception.

You never know, Tomori may pave the way to cash in on Keane or Mina and raise funds needed for FFP, with the two kids both being part of the long term plans.

I really like Tomori. Last summer people would have been delighted with him and you don't become bad player overnight. There are questions about Gibson and Brainthwaite mind.

The club need to start putting out blag stories left right and centre.

"Southampton, West Ham and ... erm, Aston Villa are all interested in signing Fabian Delph"

One of them might just fall for it... :oops:
Start hoping one of their managers falls for it and threatens to quit if he isn't signed: "Well going by the rumours we're interested in him so either you back me and sign him or I'm off"

Status
Not open for further replies.