2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give you Delph and Iwobi, wasn’t keen on either

Bernard was a no brainer on a free, whether we should have gave him a large wage is another matter

Gbamin really can’t be judged until he’s on the pitch playing a run of games, absolutely no one could have predicted him getting a long term injury, let alone 2

Kean has shown signs of the talent we signed him to be, but also signs of petulance

Mina is 50/50 and Gomes 60/40 but in the latter’s case was maybe rushed back too early after the ankle break
Rationale thought is a rare thing in here. Thank you.

FIFA top 10 coach; Belgium No1 team in world football.

The facts dont lie.
Hahahah, literally anyone could pick that Belgium team and ‘succeed. Let’s cast our minds back to the more than several leads we blew, winning 2-0 and lost 3-2 story’s, there are many of them.
Didn’t he call Tom Cleverly the best English midfielder as well at one point, get real, rolls eyes.

mai he didn’t spend £210m and failed??
oh he clearly failed in terms of Roma not getting back to where the board wanted but i read a thing about Roma a while back and it was'nt quite what Monchi thought it was going to be by the sounds of things, lot's of interfering from up top by the sounds of things. I am a bit like you though in that i don't know why people mention him, he has rejected us twice before and expecting him to do another Sevilla is highly unlikely.

If Martinez had the cash that the Double Dutch Disaster act of Koeman and Brnads had we'd be CL spots now.

£27M on Lukaku. Just imagine how many top players Martinez would have bought for £400M.

We'd have been much better off keeping Martinez with the money we've spent, considering how badly wrong it's gone.

Hindsight it wonderful though - at the time the majority of fans wanted him to go.

Hahahah, literally anyone could pick that Belgium team and ‘succeed. Let’s cast our minds back to the more than several leads we blew, winning 2-0 and lost 3-2 story’s, there are many of them.
The world of football is littered with great players who cant gel into a team and have attitude problems.

Martinez has succeeded in marying his preferred style of football to the talents of the generation of Belgian players he's inherited AND keeping the egos controlled.

oh he clearly failed in terms of Roma not getting back to where the board wanted but i read a thing about Roma a while back and it was'nt quite what Monchi thought it was going to be by the sounds of things, lot's of interfering from up top by the sounds of things. I am a bit like you though in that i don't know why people mention him, he has rejected us twice before and expecting him to do another Sevilla is highly unlikely.

I remember reading a comment from the manager who said something along the lines of “he’sbought these players and I have no idea how to fit them into a formation”

We'd have been much better off keeping Martinez with the money we've spent, considering how badly wrong it's gone.

Hindsight it wonderful though - at the time the majority of fans wanted him to go.
Moshiri, above all, wanted Martinez gone. He wanted to choose his own manager. And what splendid choices he's made.

The world of football is littered with great players who cant gel into a team and have attitude problems.

Martinez has succeeded in marying his preferred style of football to the talents of the generation of Belgian players he's inherited AND keeping the egos controlled.

Fellaini rescued his job with Belgium. 2-0 down to Japan and a bit of direct hoof ball and Fellaini’s gifts turned that round. Then undone by the most boring French team ever. I’m not sure Martinez can claim success with Belgium.

Courtois, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku. Anything other than winning tournaments with these types of players will be seen as a failure. He’ll go down as the coach who wasted Belgium’s golden generation unless he wins the next euros.

So how does this all equate to him outgrowing us? When we were clearly on the slide and were basically getting embarrassed every week

Status
Not open for further replies.