2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Monchi who utterly balls’d up £210m at Roma and got booted
Monchi has had very little say in what's happened at Roma and was told he would have free reign to build from the ground up then a week later handed a list of players the board were encouraging him to sign. The Roma setup seems very similar to us at times as i don't think Brands is 100% in control over the goings on here.

If only we got Monchi instead of Steve Walsh...

My opinion on Brands is the same as day one. Meh. There's just something about the Dutch league...

To be fair to him there's very valid restrictions on him but then I look at the players he has spent money on and I'm not convinced. It seems a strategy of fridge players from top clubs.

Managers have also said he didn't adequately back them and I'm also not sure on Gretar Steinsson.
We were really close at one point to getting Monchi, weren't we? I know he didn't do great in Italy but he left with Sevilla winning the Europa and came back with Sevilla winning the Europa. Got to be something in that..

Bernard
Mina
Gomes
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwobi

None of those are good enough.

Richarlison was signed by Silva.

Only Digne has been a success for Brands.
Brands supporters:

na-na-na-lh6m87.jpg

Bernard
Mina
Gomes
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwobi

Hold on Dave, you are benefiting from hind sight. When the likes of Bernard, Gomes, Kean Mina were signed thier signing was met with general approval from the fans. Just go back and look up the threads? posts on here.

Bernard
Mina
Gomes
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwobi

I wouldnt give up on Kean just yet, but Gbamin, Mina, Delph and Gomes are rubbish with no potential.
With a success rate of one top player so far Brands is having a mare

Hold on Dave, you are benefiting from hind sight. When the likes of Bernard, Gomes, Kean Mina were signed thier signing was met with general approval from the fans. Just go back and look up the threads? posts on here.
Fans don’t get paid millions for their opinions on players. What a ridiculous argument. Let’s deal in facts. They are not good enough.

Bernard
Mina
Gomes
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwobi

Give you Delph and Iwobi, wasn’t keen on either

Bernard was a no brainer on a free, whether we should have gave him a large wage is another matter

Gbamin really can’t be judged until he’s on the pitch playing a run of games, absolutely no one could have predicted him getting a long term injury, let alone 2

Kean has shown signs of the talent we signed him to be, but also signs of petulance

Mina is 50/50 and Gomes 60/40 but in the latter’s case was maybe rushed back too early after the ankle break

My stance at the start of this window was that I expect more from him and if he doesnt have a stellar window then I might drift into the "Dutch clown" camp.

That stance hasnt changed, but im giving him the entire window up to October 5th, not 23rd August.

Status
Not open for further replies.