2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the south american ballers for pennies you fraud

PSV have always really had great links to South America, think of R9. Brands personally doesn’t have any contacts there, apart from a few dodgy agents. The last South American Brands bought for Psv cost around €10 euros and is so terrible he has been out on loan at Velez.

In fairness to him, Gomes was quality the first year, we all wanted him to stay, the price we paid was reasonable. He has a little dip in form then had his leg snapped in two. Gbamin cant be a criticism as nobody could have predicted he would get a horror injury. I cant bear Delph but he was only £8mill and you can see the appeal with his signing.

Work permits are the issue to Brands biggest market. Maybe that should have been a warning sign

Hindsight is of course wonderful.

This was my view before the season really got started and my concern with our midfield, particularly fitness.

Gomes - Injury prone, before leg break.
Gbamin - Always needed time to adjust, according to the manager on day one.
Delph - Injury prone;

1598182847182.png

How much was all the above? Then add Iwobi... Must be around £90m for Gbamin, Gomes, Iwobi and Delph. That's a lot of money in midfield, nevermind us initially paying how much for Richarlison as a winger?

It of course led to this being our midfield at the Anfield cup derby.

1598182813052.png

If only we got Monchi instead of Steve Walsh...

My opinion on Brands is the same as day one. Meh. There's just something about the Dutch league...

To be fair to him there's very valid restrictions on him but then I look at the players he has spent money on and I'm not convinced. It seems a strategy of fridge players from top clubs.

Managers have also said he didn't adequately back them and I'm also not sure on Gretar Steinsson.
He's got 2 more windows for me. I genuinely think questions at board room level will be asked If strides aren't made this summer.

so because he played for Bolton it means he’s crap??? What an utterly bizarre thought process

He was a scout from the lower leagues. He did nothing with Bolton scouting wise.His football record is Irreverent. If you judge him on his actual career so far he’s done nothing to warrant a job at Everton.

Let's be honest, he is absolutely rubbish, the vast majority of our players are absolutely rubbish, even our good players aren't actually that good and we have no chance of making any sort of progress whatsoever this season.

He was a scout from the lower leagues. He did nothing with Bolton scouting wise.His football record is Irreverent. If you judge him on his actual career so far he’s done nothing to warrant a job at Everton.

you literally have no idea what he did or did not do at Bolton because you don’t know what his duties, responsibilities or budget was

part of his duties for us are scouting the lower leagues, and we’ve just uncovered a gem by the looks of it.

he basically came from fleetwood so you don’t like him, that’s the crux of your argument

Let's be honest, he is absolutely rubbish, the vast majority of our players are absolutely rubbish, even our good players aren't actually that good and we have no chance of making any sort of progress whatsoever this season.
I agree with your point on our players. However, there are so many average teams in the league that if you add 2 or 3 genuinely quality players to our load of garbage and then there’s an outside chance of pushing for top 6 or 7.

Big bonus points if he was influential in bringing in Ancelotti.

But then I do worry we sacked Silva and was scrambling around seemingly without an idea when Ancelotti was still in a job.
I think putting Big Dunc in charge gave them a bit of breathing space even til the end of the season if needed be.
Ancelloti becoming available was very fortuitous for the club.
More luck than judgement as they say.

I think putting Big Dunc in charge gave them a bit of breathing space even til the end of the season if needed be.
Ancelloti becoming available was very fortuitous for the club.
More luck than judgement as they say.

Tried that with Unsworth but bottled it and had to bring in Allardyce as interim until they could get Silva.

I don't suppose we'll know anytime soon - seems we sacked Silva without knowing who would replace him.

I think he deserves next summer at least, He's being bogged down by problems that aren't even his fault, Alright the Iwobi fee is questionable, I rate the player but that was a heck of lot money to be forking over and he's just turned up how he has, Got so so unlucky with Gbamin, Delph I can see why he bought him with a low fee but being injured this much is hardly helping.
Walcott/Bolasie/Ramirez/Besic/Pennington all out of contract next summer which is absolutely enormous for us to get back on the road to recovery.
I'm a big fan of continuity though unless it's absolutely urgent see Silva and being in the bottom 3 so I'm willing to give him more time, Sick of tearing it up and going to square one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.