2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you have noticed that it’s fair mate, I personally haven’t. I think he’s always put himself out there to be criticised he’s never shied away from doing a job, despite an injury crisis, I can think of players who are on bigger money with less of a contribution, who just didn’t show, Bernard and Delph for two.

Or those who seem to be at the club forever, those deadwoods.

Nah, wouldn’t be on board with you at all mate, it’s simple for me he’s a 10, I think if he plays a full season there with good squad balance he will get double digits, goals or assists depending.

We have 1 season sample of that and it proved the case.

What lads in here are trying to say for my money is a kin of Lucas Dinge is a bad player because we didn’t have a forward and he was asked to fill in there and didn’t perform well.

To get anything out of him you have to build a team around him. Silva admitted this.

He's not that good a player to do that.

He's done here. Carlo doesn't play with a number 10.

Squad player.

Or those who seem to be at the club forever, those deadwoods.

That’s a good point mate, I suppose lads on this thread have lost there loads over Gylfi in a personal way. Yet he’s played under 5/6 managers in his three years, every one of them has played him, Carlo himself based on his comments seems to really rate him to. Essentially he’s never been in the deadwood pile.

To get anything out of him you have to build a team around him. Silva admitted this.

He's not that good a player to do that.

He's done here. Carlo doesn't play with a number 10.

Squad player.

I think that’s a fair point mate, yep I’d agree you have to play to his strengths or play him in his correct position, have him where he was in 18/19, to be honest if you don’t do that, his purchase was stupid, so that comes back to who is culpable Gylfi or the club and we’re does fault lie.

Id only be speculating on our system next season, but my own opinion is it won’t be 442 and if it’s not I think Gylfi has a role.

That’s a good point mate, I suppose lads on this thread have lost there loads over Gylfi in a personal way. Yet he’s played under 5/6 managers in his three years, every one of them has played him, Carlo himself based on his comments seems to really rate him to. Essentially he’s never been in the deadwood pile.

Up to now in most occasions, he is available for selection. He is match fit unlike the other 3 cm who were out all the time. I agree he is not a cm but he provides much more than the like in Davies. At least he can score and assist in the first two seasons.

It’s not Siggy’s fault that the pe teacher overpaid for like £10m at the time.

No one is saying that soft lad.

"Part of a midfield..."

Sigurdsson's thread has had more replies than every other players combined.

Moise Kean's thread has had 5 replies since full time.

No replies on Iwobi etc.

Because if those players now do well, fair enough. Can't see it with Iwobi particularly to say the least, but sure, happy if they do.

With Sigurdsson/Bolasie, their age/wages/past diabolical performances means that unless they miraculously turn into Messi then screw 'em, they can't be relied upon in any way, shape or form.

So the reaction is basically a panic. Because under no circumstances should he be starting games for us this season IMO.

Up to now in most occasions, he is available for selection. He is match fit unlike the other 3 cm who were out all the time. I agree he is not a cm but he provides much more than the like in Davies. At least he can score and assist in the first two seasons.

It’s not Siggy’s fault that the pe teacher overpaid for like £10m at the time.

He’s filling in at a pinch, out of position. This is the thing, we have had 5/6 different mangers since he’s been here, played him in most positions going in the majority and the minority in his own, he’s one of our record signings and there has been no cohesive plan or blend to the squad to enable his strengths, to be fair you could say that about many of our signings to.

Mirallas and God knows who else played pre-season footy last summer didn't they?

Doesn't mean they're necessarily going to start the season.

He played mostly 10 for Swansea, or in the three behind, I remember a few games he played a false 9. I don’t think he player CM, unless like us it was to fill in. He played in front of Ki, Britton, Fer, Allen etc.

He played the majority of his matches in 16/17 on the left. What part about that is incorrect?

Of course he’s starting the season, he’s getting made captain for Christ sake. Ancelotti unfortunately has a massive blind spot when it comes to him, and it’s worrying.

When was this announced? Or is it based on him captaining the side for a pre-season friendly?

Of course he’s starting the season, he’s getting made captain for Christ sake. Ancelotti unfortunately has a massive blind spot when it comes to him, and it’s worrying.

Who do you suggest to play? Gomes, Delph and Gbamin were out most of the time last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.