Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see our transfers is we'll have a mix of experience and potential.

The players we have been linked to:

Experience:
Allan
Doucoure
Thiago Silva
Rodriguez

Potential:
Gabriel
Todibo
Hojbjerg

We have a fairly young squad with Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Richarlison, DCL, Kean, Gordon and adding Branthwaite so we need players who can come in right way and shore up our weaknesses.

If we strengthen our spine, we'll vastly improve and with a coach of Carlo's status we should be competitive.

It will take time but have faith

If that how he feels that’s how he feels mate.

I like Allan and he brings automatic quality.

Doucoure for me seems very lazy in terms of scouting, I was expecting someone around 21-22 who had a high ceiling we could morph into a long term midfielder for this club.

Gomes 27?

Delph 30?

Allan 29

Doucoure 27

Sigurdsson 30

That midfield will need to be replaced starting next year.

Seems very non Brands.

Delph and Sigurdsson need to be replaced anyways mate and I'm sure they will be.

27/28 are a player's prime years so nothing to worry about there.

Ideally, we would be as you say adding young talent to the midfield but right now the midfield is that poor we need quality in there now.

Our midfield's performance and output has been relegation worthy, would be unfair to throw a young lad in there and expect him to turn it all around.

If that how he feels that’s how he feels mate.

I like Allan and he brings automatic quality.

Doucoure for me seems very lazy in terms of scouting, I was expecting someone around 21-22 who had a high ceiling we could morph into a long term midfielder for this club.

Gomes 27?

Delph 30?

Allan 29

Doucoure 27

Sigurdsson 30

That midfield will need to be replaced starting next year.

Seems very non Brands.
I agree buddy, but maybe we're upgrading the teacher's before the pupils. Nothing good can be learnt from last year's midfield.

We are desperate for some experienced leaders in our team to replace the experienced cowards we have.

Don’t get the moaning about ages, if we had a whole starting 11 of young promising players we would not improve short term and the same people would moan about that.

Carlo knows what he needs and wants.

Outbounds are as ever, more important at this stage. For once, I’m largely happy with the names we’re linked with from credible sources.

Allan
Doucouré
Arias
Ocampos (Ornstein is pretty reliable even if I don’t think it will happen)
Throw in a loan for Tobido
IF we shift some bums, 8mil for Butland and that’s an incredible window for incomings

But many of those are so dependent on outgoings. We simply need to sell JJK, Delph, Bernard as a minimum. JJK for the FFP boost and the others due to wages. We’d all love to sell Sig but it’s so difficult given his fee.I would sell Tom if someone came in for him even if it hurts a bit. If someone comes in for Keane I would sell but I’m not chomping on the bit to get rid of him yet. It would need to be a good offer. So sick of selling our players for peanuts or loans.

We need improvements right now, I’m happy to build for the future once the present isn’t a total shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.