2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad has all the attributes to be a top, top striker aside the single most important trait needed to be successful in that position.

The ability to finish.

He’s a physical specimen, superb athlete & his hold up play is decent but I’m afraid the lad is not technically good enough & that’s what sets the truly great strikers apart.

Love the guy, seems a likeable lad & a bit of a maverick. Hope he proves me wrong & goes onto be a Goodison / Bramley Moore great but I feel Carlo will be looking further afield for a proven or up & coming goal machine.

He’s put a lot of work into his physique and his hold up play over the last couple of years and on his day he bullies CBs. It’d be great to see him put that same kind of shift into practicing his finishing. He’s obviously not a “natural” goal scorer but I refuse to believe that putting in the hours on the training ground wouldn’t markedly improve this aspect of his game and turn him into a 15-20 a season regular.

One can hope...

The lad has all the attributes to be a top, top striker aside the single most important trait needed to be successful in that position.

The ability to finish.

He’s a physical specimen, superb athlete & his hold up play is decent but I’m afraid the lad is not technically good enough & that’s what sets the truly great strikers apart.

Love the guy, seems a likeable lad & a bit of a maverick. Hope he proves me wrong & goes onto be a Goodison / Bramley Moore great but I feel Carlo will be looking further afield for a proven or up & coming goal machine.
That's my take on him.

Good all-round athlete, absolutely not a proper goal scorer.

The big chances he misses are buried by proper goal scorers from academy level and up.

Dom needs to work with his ability on the ball. If he can learn to dribble at even a mediocre level, he becomes a much better player. He is already adept at flicking the ball on and actually has some good moments in the buildup. His finishing ability is fine for a young player and as expected he went hot and cold in that regard.

Tidy up the finishing a tad and learn to dribble. Godspeed Dominic

Being the number 9 for Silva was one thing and he stepped up but if Ancelotti sticks with it that could add another level. Confidence is a big thing for a striker.

He isn't a natural goalscorer and he often looks uncomfortable setting himself up to strike a ball, but he's still a very effective player. Defenders won't enjoy playing against him and he still scored 13 league goals last year with the first 3 months being left isolated on his own up top.

He can still improve his hold up play and will get better with experience. If he continues to get around 15 goals a season then that is great, we need to get in players that get goals further around the team.

View attachment 97471

He is not our problem, we need more goals from the team

Proper disgusting goal stats from everyone bar DCL and Richy there

Status
Not open for further replies.