Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf to Brands though I very much agree on Sangare his club Toulouse issued a very uncompromising hands-off, not for sale warning so any attempt to prise him away would inevitably require a massive overpay and it is clear money is tight given our refusal to meet Lille price on Gabriel & Napoli price on Allan so far.

It is frustrating but given the money wasted by Koeman/Walsh/Allardyce locking in on targets & over-paying (Gylfi, Klaassen, Tosun most egregiously) & Brands repeating that with the last minute panic Iwobi deal (strongly lobbied for by Moshiri) I would rather have the haggling.

Whatever we think of the players Brands did ultimately get Digne, Gomes, Mina for pretty reasonable fees for their profile with his patient refusal to get strong-armed into over-paying so we may just have to grit our teeth, be patient and let it play out.
Your use of logic will be frowned upon by many of the doom mongerers on here mate

Signing two or three players close to thirty is not a problem for us.
We have a squad which is unbalanced with so many young players. We need some experience, craft and leadership.

We can also sign young players for the future as we have done with Nkounkou.

Sorry this is totally the opposite of what we should be doing.
This is dangerous and what Villa did before they spiralled our of control.

Brands has the right idea until now he’s just executed it badly wrong.

Pay big fees for younger players and add in experience where needed.

Allan sound add him and someone younger

Signing two or three players close to thirty is not a problem for us.
We have a squad which is unbalanced with so many young players. We need some experience, craft and leadership.

We can also sign young players for the future as we have done with Nkounkou.

We have loads of players close to or over 30 already, tosun, sigurdsson, Bolasie, Coleman, Walcott, delph

You can get both you know?

Hard work gets you so far like I said see Sheff United or any Moyes teams but quality is needed.
Of course, You need a mix of both but we have decent quality like Richarlison/Digne/Holgate/Gomes/DCL, The last two being subjective due to consistency.
The main problems in this team is, Midfield getting bypassed and none of our CM's carrying the ball forward/creating, We don't need some top of the range talent to do that job it would help though.

Of course, You need a mix of both but we have decent quality like Richarlison/Digne/Holgate/Gomes/DCL, The last two being subjective due to consistency.
The main problems in this team is, Midfield getting bypassed and none of our CM's carrying the ball forward/creating, We don't need some top of the range talent to do that job it would help though.

Creating chances is the hardest thing in football and we lack badly at that.

When that happened, my Nan phoned me and was all panicky cos we lived in a street with the same name. Cromwell Road.

"You all ok? It sounds terrible. I hope you dont know them"

"Its Ok Nan, they live in Gloucester, we live in Cheltenham"

"But still Gloucestershire?."
Hope you don't know them? Hahaha like you'd be having them round for din dins.

Status
Not open for further replies.