Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one here, if we are going for a no thrills CM which is fine, those lot across the park have one.

You have to get creativity from other positions.

We currently have one player who does this regularly and he’s our LB.

None of our wide options supply our forwards on a regular basis.

Once CM is sorted the need for creativity is so pressing.

Why?

He’s very average and downed tools at Watford.

Sanagre 5 years younger and half the price.

Brands scouting seems so lazy.

Keep seeing shouts for Sangare, a player that nobody has seen and just been relegated from the top flight in France. It's pretty telling that no club has actually moved for him, despite being in the last year of his contract.

All that has mustered from him posting a pic on Instagram with London tagged. Could be any team - I remember Tosun staying in London for like 2 weeks prior to us completing the transfer.

In any case, which quality player honestly puts us as his first choice? There's no way we can persuade a player to join our mid-table revolution over the likes of Spurs/Arsenal etc.
And none of the London based clubs tried to steal him...:confused:

Average player at one team might be a superior player in another.

What?

makes zero sense give me an example.

There’s talented players who don’t work out at certain clubs I get that but he’s not talented he’s just average in a team that was set up to get the best out of him.

tbf to Brands though I very much agree on Sangare his club Toulouse issued a very uncompromising hands-off, not for sale warning so any attempt to prise him away would inevitably require a massive overpay and it is clear money is tight given our refusal to meet Lille price on Gabriel & Napoli price on Allan so far.

It is frustrating but given the money wasted by Koeman/Walsh/Allardyce locking in on targets & over-paying (Gylfi, Klaassen, Tosun most egregiously) & Brands repeating that with the last minute panic Iwobi deal (strongly lobbied for by Moshiri) I would rather have the haggling.

Whatever we think of the players Brands did ultimately get Digne, Gomes, Mina for pretty reasonable fees for their profile with his patient refusal to get strong-armed into over-paying so we may just have to grit our teeth, be patient and let it play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.