Player contract expiry dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
....ha, ha. I wouldn’t be surprised if he seeks a Bosman. He’ll be in demand, so will get a lucrative deal with no fee involved and he can move back down south.

Seriously though his form has dropped off a cliff since he signed for us, who is going to sign him based on his performances for us, the last two years ? It's a stretch.

Seriously though his form has dropped off a cliff since he signed for us, who is going to sign him based on his performances for us, the last two years ? It's a stretch.

...as I said, I think we look better balanced when he plays although I accept we need improvement in that position. I think he’ll be in demand, especially with no fee involved.

I just don't get the esteem that people have for Besic. He has done absolutely nothing to earn that, I can remember one or two good moments and the odd game where he was anything other than average. I can remember plenty of times when he was considerably less than that. Different folk have different views of players, so not a dig @Noble Savage I just see it differently.
I certainly don't take it as a dig sir , your take on Besic is probably the most informed and most popular one but when I see the lack of effort shown by our midfield most of last season I see minor hooligans through rosy tinted spectacles and wonder if Gomes would of had a better season if he had the certifiable loon there to do his fetching , carrying and minor acts of violence for him .

Last edited:
....ha, ha. I wouldn’t be surprised if he seeks a Bosman. He’ll be in demand, so will get a lucrative deal with no fee involved and he can move back down south.

its a great time to be a footballer.

Don't get me wrong at the moment I'm glad he is here . He's a good pro , puts in a decent shift and when the the law of averages dictates when he can deliver a usable cross ( 1 in about 20 ) , he's dangerous and although he's lost an inch or two in pace he's still no slouch .
I just can't forsee him getting a contract anywhere near what he is earning .
I like him as a person , won't be anywhere near the hall of shame and always tries to do his bit .
We also forget he had a decent impact when he joined . I just wish he had learnt to cross a ball .

Just a thread to show when contracts elapse.

The reason why Ive been saying that we have to sell 15/16 players is because in 2021 8 contracts expire and 2022 11 contracts expire. Almost all of these players wont be extended and so its better to move them on now for a transfer or loan to generate some fees and save wages.

8 Expiring 2021
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Pennington
Virginia
Connolly
Bowler

11 Expiring 2022
Keane
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Branthwaite
Bamingime

5 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Gordon
Nkounkou

6 Expiring 2024
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

2 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate

Brands has stated that his ideal squad size is 23 players. It will be much changed by 2022.
It's sad that of players who's contracts expire in the next 2 years I'd only keep 2 with a possibility of 3, Keane Brantwaite and possibly Coleman, Maybe Bernard but he'd have to agree to a substantial wage cut.

Don't get me wrong at the moment I'm glad he is here . He's a good pro , puts in a decent shift and when the the law of averages dictates when he can deliver a usable cross ( 1 in about 20 ) , he's dangerous and although he's lost an inch or two in pace he's still no slouch .
I just can't forsee him getting a contract anywhere near what he is earning .
I like him as a person , won't be anywhere near the hall of shame and always tries to do his bit .
We also forget he had a decent impact when he joined . I just wish he had learnt to cross a ball .

...if he goes on a Bosman, he’ll be saving a club circa £5m-£8m (arguably). His salary will not be what it is here, but it’ll still be a very lucrative deal.

It's sad that of players who's contracts expire in the next 2 years I'd only keep 2 with a possibility of 3, Keane Brantwaite and possibly Coleman, Maybe Bernard but he'd have to agree to a substantial wage cut.

The way i see it is that in 24 months time we will be losing 19 players from the squad.

This is a fantastic opportunity for us to move players on and really build a team to challenge.

Also we would only lack perhaps 10 players so we could sign 3/4 this window and next summer and we really well placed in 2022 to do some damage.

I cant see Coleman being retained. He can occasionally put in a good performance but not 2 in a row and wouldnt be ideal if 1st choice was injured.

For me Branthwaite looks the likely one and perhaps Gibson with Kenny and Virginia needing to prove themselves fast.

The way i see it is that in 24 months time we will be losing 19 players from the squad.

This is a fantastic opportunity for us to move players on and really build a team to challenge.

Also we would only lack perhaps 10 players so we could sign 3/4 this window and next summer and we really well placed in 2022 to do some damage.

I cant see Coleman being retained. He can occasionally put in a good performance but not 2 in a row and wouldnt be ideal if 1st choice was injured.

For me Branthwaite looks the likely one and perhaps Gibson with Kenny and Virginia needing to prove themselves fast.
We do need to look at trying to find buyers for as many of these as possible get something for them and rid of their wages now instead of letting them run down their contracts. Delph will go this year Leeds I reckon we could very well get our money back for him which would be great.

Just a thread to show when contracts elapse.

The reason why Ive been saying that we have to sell 15/16 players is because in 2021 8 contracts expire and 2022 11 contracts expire. Almost all of these players wont be extended and so its better to move them on now for a transfer or loan to generate some fees and save wages.

8 Expiring 2021
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Pennington
Virginia
Connolly
Bowler

11 Expiring 2022
Keane
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Branthwaite
Bamingime
Gibson

5 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Gordon
Nkounkou

6 Expiring 2024
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

2 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate

Brands has stated that his ideal squad size is 23 players. It will be much changed by 2022.
look at the wasted wages in that list. It makes me weep.
We have got to start selling players. We need to get to a position where our unwanted players have value to other clubs.
The list is ridiculous, we could lose half of them and not make much difference to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.