Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely amazes me how people on here have seen Everton’s gradual demise over the years yet still seem to think that it will magically be arrested overnight and think “yeah we’re nailed on for top 6 this season anything else is a failure”, it really does
Anything above mid table realistically, gonna take few years to sort this out. The attitude side of the squad, it's not just quality its about running your arse off this dropped off a good few seasons ago. Getting back to that first should be priority.

Anything above mid table realistically, gonna take few years to sort this out. The attitude side of the squad, it's not just quality its about running your arse off this dropped off a good few seasons ago. Getting back to that first should be priority.
It’s not just talent, we’ve got to get the right heads into that dressing room. Spot on

I'd be more than happy with one or two proper midfielders signing - snidey sods who can play a bit ( I know, I don't want much!) and/or even a few young up and coming players signing for us from the lower leagues, and a load of the dross bombing from the squad, by whatever means Marcel and Carlo have to take.

More game time for branthwaite and a few of the other ressies I am also fine with, just get shut of some of the shabite - start the rebuilding properly and don't panic buy.

I think I would genuinely shed tears of joy if we get shut of Iceland this summer.

Oh for a few of these Moyes type signings...he did have an eye for a player.

1. Cahill
2. Lescott
3. Baines
4. Arteta
5. Nigel Martyn
6. Fellaini
7. Howard
8. Jagielka
9. Pienaar
10. Coleman

Fair enough, but we signed 74 players in the Moyes era and I think there is already a thread dedicated to the good, the bad and the useless he signed.

I think one of the key differences with most of the players Moyes signed, no one else was really in for them, they were all risks from lower leagues or players that were at champions league clubs and it didn't work out. At the moment we are going for players and they have offers from teams with European football.

Status
Not open for further replies.