Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, you are probably right, as sad as it is. We aren't that attractive anymore are we.
It's all about perception. It's bad enough trying to attract home grown players to our club who should know about us and our "sleeping giant" status. Even more difficult when trying to get foreign players who possibly know us only as RS neighbours.

Terrarian said:
I dunno about this, he seemed all eager and now isn't as other clubs are sniffing. I may be naive here but I want player who want to play for the club.

Nice sentiments but the days when good players came to us because of who we are, are long gone.
It's all about the money now, but I totally agree with you.
To be fair if reports are accurate we backed out first.

Hassle fee transfers that don't take an age and a soap opera, I seen the other lot linked to a Greek left back yesterday morning, signed and sealed by this evening. No nonsense.

Haven’t we just done the exact same thing when we signed our back up left back a few weeks back. Signed, sealed and delivered without even a link to him beforehand.

Hassle fee transfers that don't take an age and a soap opera, I seen the other lot linked to a Greek left back yesterday morning, signed and sealed by this evening. No nonsense.

Being Champions of England, last years CL winners signing a back up lrft back from the greek league at a lowish fee is going to be a much easier transfer to get done and dusted than buying a brazilian centre back from a team well known for getting good deals and the player not really wanting to come to a team whos best finish in the past 15 years was 5th in the PL are 2 completely different types of transfers

Says we have a faint chance of singing him and reading around the article we basically need Arsenal to mess it up or can’t find the money.

I just can’t see Arsenal coughing up the money this week when they want that Thomas Partey and I reckon they need to get rid of a couple of their centre backs before they sign any.

If it’s true that Gabriel is going to move this week then I reckon we’re more likely than Arsenal.

I just can’t see Arsenal coughing up the money this week when they want that Thomas Partey and I reckon they need to get rid of a couple of their centre backs before they sign any.

If it’s true that Gabriel is going to move this week then I reckon we’re more likely than Arsenal.

Knowing us, we will sign Maitland-Niles for £30 mil, giving them the money they need to sign Gabriel

I have no idea on his credentials the lad who wrote it either.

I have no idea on the funds available to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.