Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support Ajax, my family is from Deventer and I was born there so GAE are my Eerste team. I just never liked AZ or Louis Van Gaal and Everton beat them around the time I started to properly watch the Premier League.
Just seen this. My wife was also born in Deventer and GAE are my fave Dutch team.

Welcome to the forum

Yes mate, I don’t believe that Everton would be singled out and given a punishment 10 times worse than anyone else.

Moshiri can get around it with his eyes closed anyway. Half of the Championship are using all kinds of methods to get around it, and most are now getting away with it.
We are already being inventive introducing money into the club hence the ( extremely) generous sponsorship of FF and the commendably novel ‘deposit ‘on naming rights for the future stadium.
Both received close scrutiny from the authorities .
Bending the rules is far better than breaking them.

Screenshot_20200730-195115.jpg

Stones is being replace by Ake. That is not a vote of confidence by Pep.
I think Stones will have to leave as he cannot continue in the international team if he can't get into his club side.
But, if should not be us that tries to sign him.

West Ham should go for Stones.
I actually think Moyes would sort his game out too tbh.

We are already being inventive introducing money into the club hence the ( extremely) generous sponsorship of FF and the commendably novel ‘deposit ‘on naming rights for the future stadium.
Both received close scrutiny from the authorities .
Bending the rules is far better than breaking them.

Yeah, I agree with that. Bending them is better than breaking them. But it’s something I think Moshiri can do with his eyes closed. I don’t think we are restricted so much that making a loss on Iwobi would be such a disaster that it should never even be considered, for example. We’d get around it.

My understanding is that a chunk of money is discounted for FFP once planning permission is obtained, as it goes down as infrastructure expenditure. Goodison Park itself doesn’t have a sponsor yet, and I think it’s due to be sold anyway, and if it isn’t then it should be. Sell it to Usmanov who can then lease it back to ETIC.

FFP itself is in question following the outcome of the City court hearing, the rules have just been changed on the spot due to Covid etc

I don’t think it’s something we need to worry about, and even if we did break them, the punishments just aren’t that harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.