Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva wanted Zaha but we have no idea if CA does.
I have never fully believed the denial by the club of a second bid last season. The two players mentioned(Tosun and McCarthy ) both ended up at Palace.
I can't help feeling that talks were held about this kind of transfer but never got as far as an actual bid.

You know what the hilarious part is about transfer windows; you get people like @Dymak wanting us to shell out £40m+ on the likes of Zaha or Ismaila Sarr whilst sumultaneously devaluing any shouts to sign cheaper players from foreign leagues.

Where exactly do you think Sarr came from before Watford?

We need to be signing players before they accrue that PL inflation.

Yeah sound, go ahead and do it then.

We did it last season with Kean and he barely made the team and got a total of two goals, which is a relative success to the other failures such as Vlasic, Onyekuru and Gbamin etc

The truth is that our most successful signing has been the one that "ruined the transfer window" for about 40 million from Watford.

If Brands can get the next Sarr, go ahead, hurry up and do it! But his track record is absolutely last in this regard.

Silva wanted Zaha but we have no idea if CA does.
I have never fully believed the denial by the club of a second bid last season. The two players mentioned(Tosun and McCarthy ) both ended up at Palace.
I can't help feeling that talks were held about this kind of transfer but never got as far as an actual bid.
I’d imagine they talked about it and Palace stuck by the £80mill valuation. Deffo would not pay anything like that for him. That’s world class player sort of money.

Except he's five years younger and on the radar of clubs like Barcelona.

Christ, Richarlison indicates he may like a trophy or two in the future and we're already at the "he was rubbish anyway" stage
He's on the radar because of his age. And that is great for us and why Zaha is a wholly inadequate replacement, but also doesn't mean that currently they aren't in a similar class.

Status
Not open for further replies.