Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club got its fingers burnt the last time it went big early, maybe paying over the odds and bringing in Rooney, Keane, Pickford etc and that’s probably now caused a bit of apprehension about doing it again. I’ve no issue with them taking a bit of time providing they get the players that Carlo wants. What we don’t want though is to be sitting here on 5 October playing chicken with our top targets.

What I meant was that he didn’t demand a transfer just so he could join Everton. He wanted to get away and certainly if Everton had come close to Palace’s asking price he may have joined them. Equally with another club if they had. Wasn’t intending to call you untruthful. No offence meant.

I think he put in the request for both EFC and Arsenal, but PRE-DOMINANTLY for Arsenal. Even though all of us on here see Evertons team as absolute turbo gash with 1 superb player, who if in a top team would bag 20 goals easily. Zaha (via his agent) would have spoken with both us and arsenal and seen there is a bigger future ahead (or potentially). I have absolutely zero issue with Palace, seem to do decent enough business most of the time without pretending they'll win the league, never seem to include them in potential relegation fodder, but ultimately I do wonder whats their aim? He'd had seen us A. paying big wages which is always a drawer for players and B. Seeing how the club is being invested into and that we could be the team pushing up quickly so I can see how that step would offer some level of attraction for Zaha.

Naturally he would have wanted Arsenal first, as it probably requires a quicker route to success, staying in London and his past expierence in up north may come into his thinking too. Now even after an awful season by our standards, he's seen one of hte best managers ever come in and immediately put us in form that gets up top 7 over the course of a season. There is absolutely a drawer there for Zaha as he's not going near Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City in my eyes. Would Leicester splash that out? Maybe.

I personally dont believe there is anything wrong with seeing Zaha's season and go yep, hes absolutely underperformed. I dont know his personlity so it's hard to know if he had downed tools or subconsciously wasnt able to play at his best.

It is what it is, I wouldn't blame Palace for keeping hold, I think if they do sell they have been fair by Zaha and should get a decent fee, even if they may wish they cashed in a year ago. I wouldn't blame Zaha for going to Everton "it's a good step, but not the step I want" and ultimately I wouldn't blame Zaha for seeing that we are a project maybe worth going for, if Arsenal do not come back in or anyone of that ilk.

From our point of view, he's also not worth paying over the odds for. Yes he is very talented if not a bit in and out of games but absolutely not top level and again you ask what happens if his hearts not in it? We also have players in his position.

So to review;

Is he talented? yes.
Would he be an upgrade on Bernard, Iwobi and Gordon (who is a talent btw), the answer is yes.
Would he be stepping up a level? Yes, but probably not to what he wanted intially and there is risk that we underperform agian (other signings can maybe demolish that fear)
Is that level of a step big enough for it to be a clear choice for the player? Probably not.
Would a 50-60m deal be worth it? Probably not.
Lastly, can the club find a cheaper alternative? This is what could decide it, who knows.

I mean no disrespect to Palace here my friend, but objectively if you look at both clubs, one is really ambitious and while they've got it wrong so far, it took City efforts wrong and sometimes it takes that one player (or manager in our case) to kickstart things. The other, I'm not really sure how ambitious they are.

Regardless I feel palace have been fair to him like we were to Stones, Lukaku. Asked for one more year to give the club some security and time, then agree a fair deal. For your benefit @Alan Whittle I hope CPFC have been smart and have plans for his replacement, unlike EFC with Lukaku.

It’s a no from me, talented but we don’t need another small technical player who doesn’t score goals. Give me power, pace and goals please

Created a LOT of chances for a woeful PL team though. If we were talking sub-£15m I'd have him in a heartbeat. Not to mention he's obviously got the Jerry Halls to take on the physical challenge of this league, which Bernard does not.

Get Buendia in for a low(ish) fee on less wages than Bernie and then shuffle B off to Brazil/Russia/whoever will have him.

Some people need to pull their head out of the clouds.

Richarlison had downed tools and scored a total of four goals the season before we signed him, including zero goals in the six months prior to us signing him, and this was just because he was having a hissy fit over the fact that Marco Silva (the crappest manager in the world) had been sacked from his club.

The Watford fans were saying 'Good Riddance' in a similar fashion to how the Palace fans are talking about Zaha now.

Zaha has done something similar in terms of downing tools but has still provided twice the output that Richarlison had done before he came to Everton.

Zaha would improve us massively imo, much more than dsjdhsdha from the Bundesliga.

Iwobi and a bit of cash and we will be laughing!

Created a LOT of chances for a woeful PL team though. If we were talking sub-£15m I'd have him in a heartbeat. Not to mention he's obviously got the Jerry Halls to take on the physical challenge of this league, which Bernard does not.

Get Buendia in for a low(ish) fee on less wages than Bernie and then shuffle B off to Brazil/Russia/whoever will have him.
The only thing is, it's difficult to know how that would translate elsewhere, because Norwich played in a frankly ridiculous way in a lot of matches. They were like a Martinez side only with even more licence to attack. It'd be interesting to see how he fitted into a team where there weren't always 6 players ahead of the ball for him to pass to.

Hes worth more to Palace than any other club.

His value will undoubtedly have fallen since last summer too. Hes a year older and had an average enough season.

I can't see many obvious clubs who will be in for him for him at the price Palace will want. They have essentially priced him out of the market.
Certainly they did last year. This year I’m pretty sure he will go for what the market will pay. Which won’t be too close to last seasons “expectations”.

Superb stuff huge summer and our board of directors are putting off meetings for a week later.

I hate the majority of the squad but our board of directors are the worst of a bad bunch, they’re all enablers.

Some people need to pull their head out of the clouds.

Richarlison had downed tools and scored a total of four goals the season before we signed him, including zero goals in the six months prior to us signing him, and this was just because he was having a hissy fit over the fact that Marco Silva (the crappest manager in the world) had been sacked from his club.

The Watford fans were saying 'Good Riddance' in a similar fashion to how the Palace fans are talking about Zaha now.

Zaha has done something similar in terms of downing tools but has still provided twice the output that Richarlison had done before he came to Everton.

Zaha would improve us massively imo, much more than dsjdhsdha from the Bundesliga.

Iwobi and a bit of cash and we will be laughing!

Need to pull your head out of the clouds/ass/wherever it is.

I think the club got its fingers burnt the last time it went big early, maybe paying over the odds and bringing in Rooney, Keane, Pickford etc and that’s probably now caused a bit of apprehension about doing it again. I’ve no issue with them taking a bit of time providing they get the players that Carlo wants. What we don’t want though is to be sitting here on 5 October playing chicken with our top targets.
I think its more likely to do with players still involved in leagues still playing ( like Italy )and possibly others still in European competitions.
Could be a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.