Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no mate no offence taken at all lol. I get what you mean now. Just put that down to crossed wires is all.

Personally I think this is just lazy journalism, rehashing old transfers that never happened last summer.

I think for what zaha offers as a player (I do think he's a very good player), how important he is to your club, his age, his wages and the length he still has on his contract means he ain't going anywhere. Especially this summer if corvid-19 has had the impact on clubs finances that people reckon it has.
He is starting to become as much as a problem for us as a solution. We have only 2 or 3 players that would command a half decent fee and we desperately need some new blood in an ageing squad. I would be comfortable with Zaha, Sakho & Benteke off the wage bill and bring in some younger players.

The only thing is, it's difficult to know how that would translate elsewhere, because Norwich played in a frankly ridiculous way in a lot of matches. They were like a Martinez side only with even more licence to attack. It'd be interesting to see how he fitted into a team where there weren't always 6 players ahead of the ball for him to pass to.

Very true, and a good point.

The old "Premier League experience" argument often makes me wince, but when comparing two similar players it CAN be the great equaliser. Bernard, it is safe to say, has pulled up no trees, but he has offered glimpses of what that type of player could offer us. I feel like Buendia could add those other intangible elements and, as said, if the fee is relatively low it should be a no-brainer.

Immobile won’t be coming here says Ancelotti has asked for major backing too.

The source is awful and we won’t be backing him huge we will have to be savvy in the market.

Very true, and a good point.

The old "Premier League experience" argument often makes me wince, but when comparing two similar players it CAN be the great equaliser. Bernard, it is safe to say, has pulled up no trees, but he has offered glimpses of what that type of player could offer us. I feel like Buendia could add those other intangible elements and, as said, if the fee is relatively low it should be a no-brainer.

I like Buendia (in the same way I like Bernard) but don't think he's that much better/more effective than Bernard tbh. Feel we'd have exactly the same problems we are having with Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.