New Everton Stadium Discussion

Anyone have any idea how they have come to the conclusion that a stadium that holds around 13,000 more than the old stadium is going to add 1.4 million vivitors to the city?

Rail seating will be on a 1-1 basis, same distances as seats for many more years. and whether the new stadium will ever be able to hold more than the current capacity will depend on many more things than just allowing more people into the stand BUT
they could maybe add a few more hundred seats by altering the plans here and there as they go along. Spurs did this during the build process (after the original planning application had been approved,) and I think they finally added about 800 mores his way?

The 1:1 ruling isn't based upon space on the terraces, its based upon ability to service the extra fans on the concourses. If you juat put a standing person in place of a seat, your ratio will be at approximately 0.8. The guide specifies min 475mm seated and 545mm standing. Everton can add a second row behind for standing games making it nearer to 1.8 ratio. We removed seats to make space for a larger concourse in order to accommodate larger numbers when standing is allowed. Spurs had very different priorities, namely NFL.

The 1:1 ruling isn't based upon space on the terraces, its based upon ability to service the extra fans on the concourses. If you juat put a standing person in place of a seat, your ratio will be at approximately 0.8. The guide specifies min 475mm seated and 545mm standing. Everton can add a second row behind for standing games making it nearer to 1.8 ratio. We removed seats to make space for a larger concourse in order to accommodate larger numbers when standing is allowed. Spurs had very different priorities, namely NFL.

That would be fantastic if Everton can make it for up to 1.8. Where have Everton said this?

That would be fantastic if Everton can make it for up to 1.8. Where have Everton said this?

The methods were included within the original design images. It utilises an interim step under the seat allowing two standing per seated row whilst still maintaining a suitable 'C' Value. The same as they have at Dortmund and a number of others stadia on the continent. The rules in the UK are based around retrofitting rail seating to stadiums, simply swapping seats for standing, not spaces that are specifically designed for the use of rail seating as there aren't any yet. There was no official figure from Everton for the ratio, but based upon calculations from the green guide figures, that is the ration that would be achieved using the method that Everton have shared and also, coincidentally perhaps, mean that their future expansion figures seem logical.

So Everton haven't ever actually given a figure (Ratio,) of how many more people rail seating could add if Safe standing were to be allowed?

Since the new design was made public, I've only ever seen this (below,) and that also doesn't mention any possibility of any increase in the ratio of rail seating being able to add to the attendance, it only mentions the capacity being able to rise by "Future planning permission."
Let's hope the calculations of the Green Guide on what can possibly be done comes true but I do find it strange that Everton haven't yet mentioned the possibility of it in the plans/future plans?

Capacity

Everton is proposing a stadium capacity of 52,000 with the potential for that to rise to 62,000 in the future, subject to further planning permission.
The stadium will also be future-proofed for any changes in regulations in relation to safe standing. The design of two of the stands (north and south) will allow for rail seating and in future, should the law change, a safe standing solution.

There was this on the Peoples Project Consultation site, which shows an image as to how they plan on expanding capacity by utilising rail seating (Option 3 is the Dortmund solution). The planning permission mentioned in the below is as much to do with transport around the ground as anything else.

1595865996501.png

There was this on the Peoples Project Consultation site, which shows an image as to how they plan on expanding capacity by utilising rail seating (Option 3 is the Dortmund solution). The planning permission mentioned in the below is as much to do with transport around the ground as anything else.

View attachment 95725

This assumes we are a very thin fanbase to be honest. No belly overhang on any row.

The club’s formal position detailed in the planning application is 1:1 if & when rules are changed but that is clearly predicated on the assumption that any statutory introduction of safe standing will initially be limited to 1:1 as that has been pretty firmly guided as the expectation by both main parties.

The design itself, as Jacko shows, and some interview comments by both the project director Colin Chong and our CEO certainly hint that we could and probably would look at any opportunities to increase capacity if and when rules permitted.

However, we do not yet have planning permission or confirmed funding. Nor do we have any idea as to whether post Covid rules and regulations on capacity/seat spacing might be tweaked and/or demand impaired by a minority of fans never again being comfortable in big crowds.

In fact we have literally dozens of more immediately pressing issues than this right now, not least the fact that if the product on the field remains this poor we certainly will not be worrying about the capacity being too small!

Even though you're correct that there is still many many obstacles still to be overcome, even at an early stage, I still remember enjoying reading about it Totnam's new stadium, learning a bit about the stadium build process and wondering where I might sit etc ?
As the process continues I'm sure a few others here will feel the same way ;)

Last edited:
Even though you're correct that there is still many many obstacles still to be overcome, even at an early stage, I still remember enjoying reading about it Totnam's new stadium, learning a bit about the stadium build process and wondering where I might sit etc ?
As the process continues I'm sure a few others here will feel the same way ;)

How did Spurs allocate tickets? I ASSUME, somewhat fairly I think that seasont ticket holders will be offered a similar 'as similar as possible' to Goodison? So Street enders get priority for street end, upper bullens in higher tier side etc.

We sit about 5 rows up in the upper bullens. No obstuctions, but above the pitch and still feeling quite close. I'll be gutted if we're any further back than we are now.

How did Spurs allocate tickets? I ASSUME, somewhat fairly I think that seasont ticket holders will be offered a similar 'as similar as possible' to Goodison? So Street enders get priority for street end, upper bullens in higher tier side etc.

We sit about 5 rows up in the upper bullens. No obstuctions, but above the pitch and still feeling quite close. I'll be gutted if we're any further back than we are now.

Even though the stadium holds over 62,000, Spurs put only a maximum amount of around 42,000 season tickets to be sold (thus allowing members/general public to still be able to get match tickets.)

To be in, what I think turned out to be around 4,000 supporters (which our group was in,)

Group 1 (first choice.)
Season ticket holders for more than "X" amount of years (I think 12?) and have a maximum amount of Loyalty Points (gained through going to away games) allowed us to get season ticket seat(s) anywhere we wanted.

Group 2. Season ticket holders of 12 years and then in the next highest group with loyalty points etc etc.
Going down, I think there was about 12 different groups?

If you were in a higher group, you could wait until the lower group a person you wanted to now sit with and then buy together.

I may be slightly wrong on the exact details but it was something like that?

Last edited: