Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this was a joke but I hate things like this. Bravery on the football field isn't about flying into tackles. Maybe it was 30-40 years ago.

We need players who are brave enough to stand up and show leadership when things are not going well.

We need players who'll stand up and ask for the ball when we are struggling on the pitch. Not players who hide and go into their shell when the fans get on their backs.

We need players who'll continue to express themselves when things aren't going to plan.

We need players who set the standard everyday and push others on the training ground. Players who show no let up and set the example for others to follow.

If we want people who'll go into a 50:50 with Dunc on the training ground, we'll end up with the likes of Lee Cattermole playing for us.
It was a joke of course but I've seen more players back out of 50/50 challenges recently than ever before. I agree with all your points above but to set an example you need show bravery, in all aspects. Whether that's dominating the midfield or being the player who's taking on the risky forward pass rather than a safe square ball.

My light-hearted example is only a symptom of a wider issue in my opinion.

This is a world where mings and iwobi went for a combined £50m,prices are weird now, people who don't watch our players every minute won't see our players as badly as we do.
This is so true. Last year when we signed Iwobi, my mate who supports Arsenal, had quite the laugh at what we paid for him. Now that I've watched him for a year, I get it.

I think we need to reduce the amount of big club rejects we sign. We need hungry players for whom EFC is a step up
absolutely. I don't want Fred anywhere near here. I despair every time some rag links us to Lingard. I very much doubt Carlo will look to those teams and assume they're cast offs are good enough. Those days hopefully are behind us.

Chelsea are just getting on with it and making signings.
It can be done but we aren't a dynamic club.
The season finished yesterday, the window just opened.
How do you know what we are doing ?
You make that comparison with Chelsea, a club who have not signed a player in two years, but have sold several.
What other clubs have been active ?

The season finished yesterday, the window just opened.
How do you know what we are doing ?
You make that comparison with Chelsea, a club who have not signed a player in two years, but have sold several.
What other clubs have been active ?

Palace.
West Ham.

That's about it.

Deleuofeu was sign and sold by a different manager as was Lukaku and any other former player mentioned as possible targets to bring back.

Fans remember some players and would like them back, managers usually look at players they have managed and done well with in the past and these are the first places to consider when looking at potential targets.

I think the managers wishes will heavily influence the first team signings we make.
I think Brands will have a large part to play in the younger targets we sign like Nkonkou

Deleuofeu was sign and sold by a different manager as was Lukaku and any other former player mentioned as possible targets to bring back.

Fans remember some players and would like them back, managers usually look at players they have managed and done well with in the past and these are the first places to consider when looking at potential targets.

I think the managers wishes will heavily influence the first team signings we make.
I think Brands will have a large part to play in the younger targets we sign like Nkonkou

Thought Brands would have had a lot to do with Branthwaite as well, hidden gems and signings for the future, that could save us a fortune.

The young keeper Dragowski from Fiorentina who has been linked with us a bit has had an offer from Espanyol. Fiorentina want 13M€

Status
Not open for further replies.