Sentimentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is to get a perceived higher class of player we have to pay over the odds to get them here and when it turns out they'd rather have money than play football we find ourselves in a position where we have a bunch of wasters but can't get rid of them.

I still think rounding these up on the pretence of a team building outing is the only way forward here. Bolasie, Sandro, Delph, Pickford, Iwobi, Gbamin, Besic, Walcott and Tosun are you all ready for your day trip to the seaside?

JJ3.gif

Been killing this club for years. Keeping hold of players years past their best, long contracts for kids who'll never make it at this level, senior executives and coaches given jobs way above their ability as long as they're blues.

There's nothing competitive or ruthless about the club, on or off the pitch. There's culture of fatalism (never once have we stood up for ourselves against shocking PL/refereeing decisions) and acceptance of mediocrity.

And the players know it. They don't have to try too hard, as long as they're nice lads they can hang around for years and pick up millions.

It's structural and until we do something about it, it's more of the same.

Won't happen, its the Celt in us, its in our genes, its why we love players like Bernie the Bolt and The Straq
Its why BLB resonates with a large section of happy clappers

Ancelotti isn't daft. He's seen how making enemies of players at this club ends up with a team downing tools.

He, as a number of managers have done, have pacified Baines. I still wouldn't put it past Ancelotti to hand Baines a coaching role to stop the stick he'll get if he was on the outside of the club.

....ha, ha, that’s a typical Dave assumption. There really is no need to be so partisan. How we rate individuals really is a matter of opinion.

I assume Ancelotti rates Baines as a player because he clearly wanted him to sign for another year. You assume Ancelotti doesn’t rate Baines and only wants him to sign to keep a happy ship. I think your assumption is a bit odd especially as Baines wasn’t pushing for a new deal, but don’t let reason get in the way of your agenda.

....ha, ha, that’s a typical Dave assumption. There really is no need to be so partisan. How we rate individuals really is a matter of opinion.

I assume Ancelotti rates Baines as a player because he clearly wanted him to sign for another year. You assume Ancelotti doesn’t rate Baines and only wants him to sign to keep a happy ship. I think your assumption is a bit odd especially as Baines wasn’t pushing for a new deal, but don’t let reason get in the way of your agenda.
Baines was poison.

Hit the nail on the head there. It's embarrassing to see what our fans are prepared to accept from these players, especially those local lads who are supposed to understand the club and run through a brick wall for the supporters. I hope Carlo is absolutely ruthless and rids this club of the dirge we have accumulated and seem to accept.

All Stayed Too Long

Dai Davies (Kearton)
Hibbert (sub Darracott)
Hurst
Kenyon
Pistone
Mirallas
Anichebe
Big Dunc (2004-6)
Davy Johnson (returning)
Curran

To name but a few