Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mid table mediocrity is the objective then yes they would qualify as proven.
If european competition is the objective then they are not but Allan is.

We can't afford a team of Allans but one or two would do us good.
There's different types of proven though right? Sigurdsson for example had proven that he could regularly score in the PL which is something. Allan might have proven he can make the CL in a good Italian side but he hasn't proven he can last in the PL.

What I'm really saying is the idea of "proven" is dumb and we should look at other things when making these decisions.

There's different types of proven though right? Sigurdsson for example had proven that he could regularly score in the PL which is something. Allan might have proven he can make the CL in a good Italian side but he hasn't proven he can last in the PL.

What I'm really saying is the idea of "proven" is dumb and we should look at other things when making these decisions.

A 30-year-old short arse, with no experience in the league, what could possibly go wrong!

Like his attitude, commitment and ability? If only the club could have the insight of someone who knew him well, someone Allan had played under before and knew exactly what kind of player he is...

Like his attitude, commitment and ability? If only the club could have the insight of someone who knew him well, someone Allan had played under before and knew exactly what kind of player he is...
I imagine that they'll be players that Carlo hasn't worked with that are good too, but maybe not 30 and costing 30m. I know Allan is decent at worst but I'm pretty sure he isn't Matthaus or something.

“As far as Allan is concerned, the most important offer came from Everton, but Napoli is stalling not to undersell him,”

[...]Napoli had decided to sell him and Everton were at the front of the queue.

If he is to leave, Everton will have to pay big, with Calciomercato reporting Napoli are determined to charge more than the €20-25m offers they received in January.

And that’s most likely why the Serie A side are ‘stalling’, waiting to see if anyone comes forward with a better offer than the Toffees’ ‘most important’ one.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-allan-napoli-transfer-3/

citing

I was shocked to realise just how good he is. He'd have been a worthy pick for Team of the Year last season.

Maybe Moyes missed his calling as a director of football.

Him and Arteta would have took the utter piss.

Pains me that, LOTS.

I scouted the boy for a long time, he was everything we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.