2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evolution=
"Gradual process of change and development "

The Don has spoken.
Yes and he was answering to "revolution or evolution?", so I don't think we'll see many come in... 2-3 max in key areas. Which is for the best as we have had a number of summers with big changes and that clearly hasn't worked.

We'll need to get the best out of the players we've got and build from there.

Yes and he was answering to "revolution or evolution?", so I don't think we'll see many come in... 2-3 max in key areas. Which is for the best as we have had a number of summers with big changes and that clearly hasn't worked.

We'll need to get the best out of the players we've got and build from there.
Considering 4 have already left and no doubt more to follow.

I think more like 5.

I think offside is very clear. The issue is that VAR makes it too clear and now we have people offside by the tiniest of margins. Its not VAR that's the problem, its the rule.
Its also VAR. Theres no way to judge when the ball leaves the foot hence why offside is an issue. Honestly should be a benefit of the doubt because theres no way to to get it "right" unless they start using those cameras that take 120fps or whatever.

I don't want to see a lot of players come in at once, we have tried that and completely lost our identity as a club. id be happy with 3 quality signings as appose to 5/6 quantity.
The only thing i would say is that i reckon Carlo would have a better idea of integrating new players within a squad just due to his experience, the likes of Silva did'nt have a clue tbh, maybe a good training ground coach but never a manager imo. Id be happy with 2-3 signings and a couple of loans.

Its also VAR. Theres no way to judge when the ball leaves the foot hence why offside is an issue. Honestly should be a benefit of the doubt because theres no way to to get it "right" unless they start using those cameras that take 120fps or whatever.

They are already using cameras that have that capability and they already go frame by frame if they have to.

Tiny margin or not, offside is offside whether its 1mm or 10 yards. Thats the rule. Whether that rule should be modified is another argument

Big meeting with Ancelotti, Brands and the board due next week to lay out the summer.
If i was a journalist hearing that answer i would ask him why the interest/bid in Hojlbjerg then lol. For sure they have talked before and working on deals for players that we want nonetheless. Think next week is more about whom we might try to sell, what to do with loanees like Kenny Sidibe Dowell etc, priorities on incomings etc

We’re very fortunate to have him. I still have to pinch myself at times. He is the man to change this club and I’m certain he’s going to be heavily backed this summer. You don't sign a manager like Carlo and expect him to work with a whole bunch of meh.

I’m genuinely excited about the gradual but relentless improvement he’s going to deliver. As usual there’ll be impatient gets who will cry every time we fail to get a result, but this is an evolution and that will take time. However, if we can’t do it under him, it’s time to give up,

Status
Not open for further replies.