Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
another cracking game which will have most of NZ up in the wee smalls and on the edge of our seats. It is wonderful to support such a relevant team and to have our boys-in blue heroes, our brave lion-hearts always front page newspaper and lead item telly.
Come Monday morning, this game will be all the talk around the office water cooler.

I'm plumping for a 1-1 cliffhanger.

NSNO

LINEUP111595571812489.png

traffic cone
traffic cone - JB - traffic cone - Digne
traffic cone - Maybe Gomes - traffic cone - traffic cone
traffic cone - Richarlison

I've only picked the most competitive things Ancelotti will have seen on the training ground this week. I think it's pretty well balanced and a better team than the one we started out with at the beginning of the season.

Everton 1 - 0 Bournemouth

Very simple, play like we want to win and we will win, play like we want to lose and we lose. Depends if the players turn up. Same old same old. Can’t depend on them to try.

starts on around 18mins

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH BOURNEMOUTH P/C

Injury updates

Ancelotti confirms Mina, Delph and Holgate are all not available

Final home game ambition
We did well at home and want to finish this season well at home
It will be important to try to repeat the same game against Sheffield. We've done well at home and we want to finish the season well at home

Transfer targets update
We decided to go to the end of the season and after that, as I've said a lot of times, we have time to prepare for the new season. We are going to meet next week and make a plan for the future.

Ancelotti gives his view on Brantwhaite
He has worked with us in the last months and improved a lot. We are really impressed with him, above all how he is able to manage the pressure that he has. His character is good.

Next step for Richarlison
I think in the period I've been here he's done really well. Of course he's young and has to improve, but he has all the qualities that we need. He's one of our best players.
The next step for him is to have more control on the ball. He's really cold in the box, he has to be cold also outside the box.

VAR has to be 'improved' for next season
I think it is helpful, it was good for football I think. Offside, for example, is a really clear situation. Where we have to improve is on the handball in the box

When the attitude is there we can have the possibility to show our quality
When the attitude is there we can have the possibility to show our quality. You can show the quality only if the spirit is good. In the last game I think the players understood really well what went wrong against Wolves

Idea behind new formation
The idea doesn't change. The position of Gylfi was helpful, he was used to playing this position so he gave us more opportunity. Even when we play without a No.10 the idea is still the same, to play between the lines

There will be an evolution'
The summer, for sure, will be an evolution of the club
Next season, we have to go up - there is no other way
Better quality, better ambition, better motivation and more passion

Status
Not open for further replies.