Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the Spurs Everton comparison, when you actually think about it Spurs have literally no ambition and levy and his low ball offers clearly show this, that club is going nowhere but downwards from here.

We have Carlo and all signals are we fully intend to back him so it's not really as cut and shut as some make out, we are on the up they are on the down.

However if a Europa league run is his ambition, then that's secure with Spurs at moment.

In terms of the Spurs Everton comparison, when you actually think about it Spurs have literally no ambition and levy and his low ball offers clearly show this, that club is going nowhere but downwards from here.

We have Carlo and all signals are we fully intend to back him so it's not really as cut and shut as some make out, we are on the up they are on the down.

However if a Europa league run is his ambition, then that's secure with Spurs at moment.
Pochettino to Mourinho was a massive backward step in long term sustainability and they don't have the money that United and Chelsea had to rebuild after they put out the fire.

Pochettino to Mourinho was a massive backward step in long term sustainability and they don't have the money that United and Chelsea had to rebuild after they put out the fire.
I honestly do believe they are in trouble and they have brought in the wrong manager. Their games under Jose have been very drab and they are a shadow of what they were under Pochettino.

I honestly do believe they are in trouble and they have brought in the wrong manager. Their games under Jose have been very drab and they are a shadow of what they were under Pochettino.
They aren't playing well. They've won some games lately, but performance wise it is still so-so. I think over the course of all of next season, especially if they get Europa, it'll catch up to them.

And to bring it back real quick, they need to figure it out with Ndombele and improve other areas instead of spending more to bring in Hojbjerg.

We should only sign players who's ambition is to play for bigger clubs.

Because players that are just content to play for us right now and have no future ambition just steal a wage and you all complain about it.

Any player who wants to move to what they consider "one of the best" will work his butt off here and fight to be the best. Sure, we sell them in 3-4 years, but we get their best years and a massive profit. If we could sign Gana's and Lukaku's every year we would be set.

Any player who feels like he's made it by signing here, is a huge danger.

Because players that are just content to play for us right now and have no future ambition just steal a wage and you all complain about it.

Any player who wants to move to what they consider "one of the best" will work his butt off here and fight to be the best. Sure, we sell them in 3-4 years, but we get their best years and a massive profit. If we could sign Gana's and Lukaku's every year we would be set.

I agree with this but if he thinks spurs are going to win him those CL's and Prems he talks about then i'm afraid he's in for a shock.

I could take players who think they have made it by playing for us because they at least would be enthusiastic. The players I don't want are the ones who have had their crack at the big time then "settle" for a big wage and easy ride with us. For every Digne, there are Schneiderlins, Gibsons, Delphs etc.. I want them ambitious, as you say, but I want them committed for the time they are here even if they have one eye on a move in the future.

It's why I worry about the chatter regarding Hojbjerg, if he doesn't want to be here we shouldn't want him here.

I could take players who think they have made it by playing for us because they at least would be enthusiastic. The players I don't want are the ones who have had their crack at the big time then "settle" for a big wage and easy ride with us. For every Digne, there are Schneiderlins, Gibsons, Delphs etc.. I want them ambitious, as you say, but I want them committed for the time they are here even if they have one eye on a move in the future.

It's why I worry about the chatter regarding Hojbjerg, if he doesn't want to be here we shouldn't want him here.
You're making my point for me. All of them went to a big club, "made it" then made what they viewed as a downward move. Delph from Man City, Snides from MU, Gibson the same. They were happy to be here and had no other higher destination in mind.

I agree with this but if he thinks spurs are going to win him those CL's and Prems he talks about then i'm afraid he's in for a shock.
Sure, he will have the shock....but he not for three years playing hard to get there, and after he makes the move over.

There is a difference between a burning ambition to be the best and wanting to play at the very top level, which like you say is good and a player who wants to go to another B-list club and might see us as the booby prize should the desired move fail.

The player has to want to give 100% to Everton AND in doing so either attains the goals here by winning trophies or on the basis of performance moves on to one of the world renowned clubs.

I don't begrudge any player to want to play for Spurs over us, at the moment they have a better team and Europa league football, however they need to set a time limit to when they make the decision by. Someone who is happy to wait until the last hour of the transfer window in the hope that option A happens is not someone we should be after. If they say give me time until the day before the start of pre-season to see how the land lies and will sign that day has the best interest of settling into the club and showing willingness to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.