2019/20 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

He seems to tackle with his right but his left looks comfortable on the ball. Could just be really two footed but think he’s a leftie.

Just watched a youtube video on him. Mate you are correct he is in fact left footed.

Last edited:
Very Italian defending man to man.

I take the view that we need 2 right sided, right footed centre backs + 2 left sided left footed centre backs.

Holgate RCB
Branthwaite LCB

Sell Keane and Mina + send Gibson to the championship on loan next season.

Sign another u21 RCB and a starting LCB.

Back to Branthwaite, i was shocked when him, DCL and Keane were standing in a wall. I had to rewind and it may be that the angle played a part but he looks a clear 3 inches taller than Keane.

Also seemed to be faster than Keane and Mina and more athletic than both.

Very gobby with the ref as well which i like.

Also Carlisle fans said when we signed him that its hard to notice hes left footed as hes so strong on his right as well.

.....very composed and a great size, especially when he grows into his frame. Not rapid but mobile enough.

He needs to learn how to defend, that will be his key development over the coming years but he will get that playing and training with seasoned professionals as well as being coached at this level.

We need to accept he’ll make defensive mistakes but already he looks a decent signing. The strategy of buying promising youngsters is a success, it’s low risk and high reward.

.....very composed and a great size, especially when he grows into his frame. Not rapid but mobile enough.

He needs to learn how to defend, that will be his key development over the coming years but he will get that playing and training with seasoned professionals as well as being coached at this level.

We need to accept he’ll make defensive mistakes but already he looks a decent signing. The strategy of buying promising youngsters is a success, it’s low risk and high reward.
I thought that he got tired towards the end of the match. And switched off. He will need someone keeping him on his toes. Otherwise I agree.

I thought that he got tired towards the end of the match. And switched off. He will need someone keeping him on his toes. Otherwise I agree.

....yep, I’m sure the experienced professionals are constantly talking to him. It was noticeable they all had confidence in him to regularly give him possession. Daft as it sounds, it might help that he’s playing his first few games in empty stadiums.

What I liked the most about him yesterday was that he didn’t crap himself on the ball and actually looked to pass through the lines like Holgate does.

Only just turned 18 and only played 1 game for us really so not getting too hyped but much more promising to me than Gibson.
Harsh on Gibson still only 19, 20 soon , who’s played 8 or 9 decent games for Fleetwood . Jarrad‘s size is a big plus for him , both have good left feet and composure on the ball , Branthwait’s got ahead because of his remarkably assured display for one so young. I’m more confident now that one of them will make it. One leaves the U23s and improves immediately on loan, one steps up from the U23s to the first team and comes on hugely. There’s a pattern there.

Status
Not open for further replies.