3 of the Best Everton home and away games you went too ...... !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey 62

Player Valuation: £2.5m
With all the negativity around , Corona , Everton results , underperforming players etc took a long shot of putting in a thread on something else ?
MODS - Havent seen such a Thread but if I missed it then Lock ?

My ones are more personal than having to be a winning result
For a major part of my life been away from home , Dad emigrated to RSA 1972 with two excursions back and forth , therefore as a youngster didnt appreciate the great team and victories of 69/70 , was overseas for the 84/85 , 86/87 successes

Home
78/79 Liverpool 1-0 ( League ) - my 1st Derby was in the Street End
79/80 Ipswich 2-1 ( FAC ) - expected to lose - just after the Derby 1-2 loss at home and got thrashed 0-4 by Ipswich at home
78/79 Derby 2-1 League - my1st game back after being in RSA from 1972 under the flood lights
Away
78/79 Liverpool 1-1 (League ) my 2nd Derby match - all over us think they had 10 chances before we got a shot in
79/80Liverpool 2-2 ( League ) had it all goals , sendings off and we took a turn around to the KOP singing after the game.
79/80 Stoke League 3-2 ( League ) typical compact English ground , atmosphere was electric , we had a massive following , and a great game

Home
Andy King derby 77/78
5-0 v Manure 84/85
Bayern 84/85

Away
1-0 Southampton cup semi at Highbury 83/84 Last gasp limbs everywhere.
2-1 Luton cup semi 84/85 played utter turd for 88 mins, then....
3-1 Plymouth 74/75 cup 4th round. First ever away game.
I was probably stood next to you at all these games. Remember all of these so well. 7 hr journey on the footie special to Plymouth. 3 hrs in Plymouth. 7 hrs journey back. We must have been mad:dance::dance:

I was probably stood next to you at all these games. Remember all of these so well. 7 hr journey on the footie special to Plymouth. 3 hrs in Plymouth. 7 hrs journey back. We must have been mad:dance::dance:
Haha, I was on that train. Think it left Lime Street about 3.00am. Good old fashioned 6 seat carriages. As a 13 year old, I enjoyed every bit of it. Loads of old school footy songs like 'when your smiling...without yer kecks on. Different game then.

Home..
Arsenal fa cup.
Villa league cup.
Southampton fa cup.

Away.
Man utd away the Joe's coaches one.
Any London away 80s...those underground station sort the lads from the chaps.
For emotion highbury v soton.

Haha, I was on that train. Think it left Lime Street about 3.00am. Good old fashioned 6 seat carriages. As a 13 year old, I enjoyed every bit of it. Loads of old school footy songs like 'when your smiling...without yer kecks on. Different game then.
7 footie specials went that day. Never seen so many drunken Everton fans on that day. Not much else to do in those 7 hrs ha

I’ve never been to an away game I have to admit. So only home games to choose from.

1994/95 1-1 Leicester. My first game. Drab, awful game in the dying days of Mike Walker. But so excited to be at Goodison. Ground seemed immense from the Lower Bullens.

1996/97 7-1 Southampton. Fantastic all-round performance. Felt we were really going places under Joe Royle. Even better as Souness was their manager.

2013/14 3-0 Arsenal. Took the Gunners apart in this game. Could have been even more. Makings of a top team under Martinez. Yet another false dawn.

Everton 1-0 Newcastle Yobo (first game)
Everton 1-0 Liverpool Gosling
Everton 3-0 Arsenal

Dunno. There's been loads.

With all the negativity around , Corona , Everton results , underperforming players etc took a long shot of putting in a thread on something else ?
MODS - Havent seen such a Thread but if I missed it then Lock ?

My ones are more personal than having to be a winning result
For a major part of my life been away from home , Dad emigrated to RSA 1972 with two excursions back and forth , therefore as a youngster didnt appreciate the great team and victories of 69/70 , was overseas for the 84/85 , 86/87 successes

Home
78/79 Liverpool 1-0 ( League ) - my 1st Derby was in the Street End
79/80 Ipswich 2-1 ( FAC ) - expected to lose - just after the Derby 1-2 loss at home and got thrashed 0-4 by Ipswich at home
78/79 Derby 2-1 League - my1st game back after being in RSA from 1972 under the flood lights
Away
78/79 Liverpool 1-1 (League ) my 2nd Derby match - all over us think they had 10 chances before we got a shot in
79/80Liverpool 2-2 ( League ) had it all goals , sendings off and we took a turn around to the KOP singing after the game.
79/80 Stoke League 3-2 ( League ) typical compact English ground , atmosphere was electric , we had a massive following , and a great game
So two of your favourite matches are where we didn’t beat Liverpool? lol

Although I’m Palace mine are;
Home
01/02 Fulham. Moyes first game 2-1
05/06 Villarreal In the Lower Bullens, incredible atmosphere.1-2

07/08 Sunderland. The 7-1 game
Away
98/99 Bristol City 2-0 Late Bakayako double & scenes.
07/08
Man.City 1-0. Late Cahill header & scenes.
97/98
Palace 3-1. My lad was the Everton mascot.
(No scenes!)

Home games:

Wimbledon when we won to stay up.. such a feeling that day. Still remember seeing people in the trees in Stanley Park watching the game! No park end built at that time.

Arsenal- Rooneys first goal for Everton. Special goal and you knew you had witnessed something special.

Man Utd - Duncan Fergusons first goal from a corner. What an atmosphere.

Away

Haven't been to many away games but the best has to be the FA Cup semi final against spurs in 1995. What a day. We had 3 sides of the ground and it felt like a home game. Still gives me goosebumps now thinking back on it

Home..
Arsenal fa cup.
Villa league cup.
Southampton fa cup.

Away.
Man utd away the Joe's coaches one.
For emotion highbury v soton.
yep did one or two myself , Arsenal 79 and Chelsea 78 come to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.