Culture:

Status
Not open for further replies.
People read too much into things that in my opinion are not related .
Yes Bill has his moments and yes the players do seem to be more intent on filling their coffers -sometimes -but because things happen sometimes it doesn't mean that everything at the club is bad .
I for one am surprised how good at her job DBB is ,is it because she is a woman that I am surprised ,no it is because I thought she was dragged in because Robert the sham left .
She is articulate ,intelligent ,determined and she is a blue ,most of all she is someone I as a blue am proud to say is our chairperson .I have never met her although it would be a privilege . She is also overseeing the new stadium ,to my mind very well .Saying all this what she is doing with EITC makes my spine tingle that I have had the pleasure of reading about the things they do for the people of my beloved Liverpool ,fans of both teams .
Now onto this fictional conspiracy that every player since the red headed traitor is not worth a light ! Is it possible to scout players with the sole intent of underperforming ? I don't think so .
I believe that the problem is the reverse of what happens when you are lucky in your recruitment as in the 80's
We bought two crocks Reid and Gray ,two who on here today would be horsewhipped ,humiliated and vilified .
Yet it worked ,what we need is luck as every transfer is just a punt .
Of course everyone who has commented is correct on certain points because hindsight is a wonderful thing ,sadly that is all it is .75% or more of the signings have been lauded at the time let's take Bernard -free (ish ) but not strong enough ,no way to know until you try him out .Fans on here calling to give the youngsters a chance as they are better than the ones playing ? Davies ! nothing to say Beni is going to make it JJK ? It is luck we need.
On Mr Moshiri how Bill persuded this man to join I do not know but even though it hasn't worked out yet I am sure that it will ,he has as said dug deep into pockets that we could only dream of having and looks to me on signing Carlo promised even more ,how any fan can condemn that is totally beyond me but hey ho .
Now Carlo he is the embodiment of all I hope for in an Everton manager ,he will bring us success in some degree he has shown with this crew that he will organize and is tactically aware .Just give him time without the head wobble within 6 months of getting him in.

Don’t turn this into something it’s not. This hasn’t got anything to do with Everton in the community I have family working for them and they’re truly amazing.

This is about the culture of the FOOTBALL club.

I know you can be reasonable so give it a go here read the points am asking I ain’t pretending to know everything I just think we need a culture change you might disagree and think it’s other issues.

Who's foresight and leadership was it that ensured Everton was in a position to continue paying all of its full time staff and support those in need during lockdown? Who put all that in place, ready to roll out, in February?

We gotta change the culture of this club.

giphy.gif

Clear as day that the culture isn't a winning one.

Mediocrity is not only tolerated, it's encouraged by the failure of those at the top to address it.

It wasn't all that long ago that we were finishing around Liverpool and Spurs. They've recently contested a Champions League final and we've dropped to the lower half of the Premier League.

The first thing Moshiri should have done was boot Kenwright straight out through the door. At the very least it would have been a symbol of change for those on the gravy train and a statement of intent... Past failures will not be accepted or repeated going forwards.

Unfortunately, Kenwright is still hanging round like a fart in a lift, one of his cronies has gone from Headteacher to local charity boss to running a PL football club with little to no experience (that I can see) in revenue/commercial/brand growth etc, we've appointed an absolute waster as DoF in Walsh and the new fella has some massive question marks over his head and between them have overseen the assembly of the most expensive yet WORST squad in our history.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum is an ironic joke.

Last edited:
I think people listen to these podcasts and things and forget that the people talking are just fans too and it’s purely opinion not to be taken as gospel.

As for the culture it’s poor but if we brought in better players, we’d play better football, win more games and improve it. You can blame the fans, the stadium, people who haven’t got a lot to do with what goes on on the pitch as much as you want but we essentially need to just win more games.

The point of a team is to win but a football club serves a bigger purpose than winning.

Clubs are about the community. That’s why people go the pub before/after matches. Why you put in the effort to attend matches instead of watching on tv. Why you post on a forum.

The point is to share with other people something in common. If you take those things away would you enjoy being an Everton supporter maybe but probably not as much.

If it really was all about winning trophies then we could ditch EITC and spend that money on some wages for better players maybe but how would you feel about that.

winning teams can also have this they don’t all go home after the game and have a cup of tea and forget about it.

Sound very kopite like this.

I think people listen to these podcasts and things and forget that the people talking are just fans too and it’s purely opinion not to be taken as gospel.

As for the culture it’s poor but if we brought in better players, we’d play better football, win more games and improve it. You can blame the fans, the stadium, people who haven’t got a lot to do with what goes on on the pitch as much as you want but we essentially need to just win more games.

What goes into winning games though is the issue though, very simplistic view on all this.

The culture is either formed by the manager or the owner.

Cases of managers recently include:

Evertons Moyes
Fergusens Utd
Klopps Liverpool
Wilders Sheff Utd

I don't think Carlo as great as he has the type of fiery mentality to form a culture all on his own - thats why for me im hoping eventually Usmanov can come on board in some capacity as I think with his influence he can shake up the top echelons of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.