2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is a lack of effort though. He is a small, slow centre mid who doesn't score goals, doesn't provide assists and doesn't really have any outstanding attributes.

I am inclined to give Davies the benefit of the doubt too. I think his problem is he just isn't good enough for this level.

I don't think it is a lack of effort though. He is a small, slow centre mid who doesn't score goals, doesn't provide assists and doesn't really have any outstanding attributes.
You have basically just described me mate . Can I now play for us and get paid a fortune

Bit of a bad situation all round this. He should be thrilled to be playing for his home town club and his desire should be pretty much unmatched within the squad. At the bare minimum we should be seeing him leaving everything he has on the pitch. No doubt he has a bit of value and the club are still hopeful he kicks on and becomes the player he threatened to be when he first broke in to the side but he's so far off the pace at the moment it's genuinely hard to see how he fits in to the side.

I'm willing him to do well I really am but he's just offering nothing, nobody comes up against this Everton side and worries about what we have in the middle. Club as a whole is just too passive.

Bit of a bad situation all round this. He should be thrilled to be playing for his home town club and his desire should be pretty much unmatched within the squad. At the bare minimum we should be seeing him leaving everything he has on the pitch. No doubt he has a bit of value and the club are still hopeful he kicks on and becomes the player he threatened to be when he first broke in to the side but he's so far off the pace at the moment it's genuinely hard to see how he fits in to the side.

I'm willing him to do well I really am but he's just offering nothing, nobody comes up against this Everton side and worries about what we have in the middle. Club as a whole is just too passive.
Ffs i played amateur football but would love a crack at Tom and Gylfi.. honestly it maddens me how theyve made millions being really sh!t footballers

This. It’s the same for Siggurdson and Coleman. No one in the league would have them yet we have all three in the first 11.
Nah ill not criticise Seamus for what he has given our club as last decade.. Leighton as well.. god id give my left testicle for a team of that kinda player

Exactly. I’d give my right testicle to play for this club, unfortunately I’m a 45 year old fat waster, but I still think I’d have put myself about more before I got took off.

Given his youth in comparison to our other options I assumed he'd play most matches after the restart.

When I watch him play he just seems to be there. When he comes off the pitch I never have the impression he's left it all out there, which I would expect from any player especially a boyhood supporter living a dream come true.

We can debate on his effort and commitment.

What we cant debate about is his football ability and football brain. It's becoming very clear he is a championship player playing in the premier league.

What's worrying is the amount of game time he is getting. The rest must be utter rubbish altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.