2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true that we have given ourselves the best possible chance of getting out of this mess with Ancelotti.

But he is human, and I wonder if he already feels he has over-reached by taking us on, at this stage of his career.

I'd expect him to start showing a bit more frustration soon and can only hope whatever assurances he has been given for spending can be backed up.

This isn't a short-term job. It will take 2 seasons to stabilise things at least and we are probably talking longer than that to have any chance of troubling the top six.

People shouldn't assume improvement will be a given though. It shouldn't be hard to improve on this but we are going to need another complete overhaul which will bring teething problems of its own. Rebuilds are usually complex, sometimes ugly processes.

Ancelotti is in his 60s now, I think he would need 6-8 years in the job myself, but thats only on the basis that things are always more or less going to plan. That's a big ask.

This is the end of the season stroll with nothing to play for. Let’s hope we return with a bounce at the start of the season

I said it from the start and I will say it again, he’ll be gone within two years, he won’t get he what he wants in the transfer market. He’s the only manager we’ve had in a while who will get offers from decent clubs in Europe to manage, he won’t be happy with scrapping for 10th.

It's true that we have given ourselves the best possible chance of getting out of this mess with Ancelotti.

But he is human, and I wonder if he already feels he has over-reached by taking us on, at this stage of his career.

I'd expect him to start showing a bit more frustration soon and can only hope whatever assurances he has been given for spending can be backed up.

This isn't a short-term job. It will take 2 seasons to stabilise things at least and we are probably talking longer that that to have any chance of troubling the top six.

People shouldn't assume improvement will be a given though. It shouldn't be hard to improve on this but we are going to need another complete overhaul which will bring teething problems of its own. Rebuilds are usually complex, sometimes ugly processes.

Ancelotti is in his 60s now, I think he would need 6-8 years in the job myself, but thats only on the basis that things are always more or less going to plan. That's a big ask.

He knows this.

This isn't a short-term job. It will take 2 seasons to stabilise things at least and we are probably talking longer that that to have any chance of troubling the top six.

Ancelotti will stabilse us and get us going until we move into the new stadium for a season and then Simeone will come in.

Carlo will leave next summer after we finish 11th. The issues our too deep for him to fix and we're not committed to the cleanse and rebuild we truly need. Fark this loser ass club.

Status
Not open for further replies.