Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those fines are the equivalent of paying Bernard and Sigurdsson a single weeks wages.

Are any of those clubs actually cacking themselves, though?

I can't say I've read too much about the impending doom and deep regret of Fenerbahce or Trabzonspor?

You follow Turkish footy much?

The fines would soon add up once we got them every season, plus lost revenue from Europe.

You cant just spend 1 window and they say "Naughty Everton, go to your room for 12months", they make the clubs break even, which means firesale.

You follow Turkish footy much?

The fines would soon add up once we got them every season, plus lost revenue from Europe.

You cant just spend 1 window and they say "Naughty Everton, go to your room for 12months", they make the clubs break even, which means firesale.

I can't say I do follow Turkish football much. Do you? Are Fenerbahce in a deep state of regret due to their impending doom?

The English example is Manchester City, and they certainly aren't in a deep state of regret due to their impending doom, they're actually having the time of their lives!

I can't say I do follow Turkish football much. Do you? Are Fenerbahce in a deep state of regret due to their impending doom?

The English example is Manchester City, and they certainly aren't in a deep state of regret due to their impending doom, they're actually having the time of their lives!

They got outbid by United for Sanchez, outbid by Liverpool for VVD.

Lets see how fun they find a 2 year ban.

For the record I doubt they will get banned for 2 years.

The last club I recall just ignoring FFP were Malaga.

Are they having fun?

Are they having fun?

Why aren't Malaga in your list? I've had a little look, and their ban appears to be more about not paying bills, rather than breaking FFP, which is quite different.

It seems like we are too scared to breach FFP even if we wanted to, so it's a moot point. However, I know that Manchester City are probably the club that has breached the rules the most, and they seem to be having an awful lot of fun. More fun then they could have ever, ever, possibly of imagined.

There are ways around FFP for clubs that are scared of the sanctions, which we aren't fully exploiting, at least not yet anyway

Sigh.

It wont just be a ban, it would be a fine, a squad reduction and we would be required to break even by the next window or they will violate us properly.

If it was just a case of taking the ban for a year why don't other clubs just ignore it?

Pretty much this.

It seems a simple concept - just ignore the rules and take the hit but I’m not sure folks who’ve voted yes have, one, looked into the actual punishments or two, fully grasp the rules of FFP

Why aren't Malaga in your list? I've had a little look, and their ban appears to be more about not paying bills, rather than breaking FFP, which is quite different.

It seems like we are too scared to breach FFP even if we wanted to, so it's a moot point. However, I know that Manchester City are probably the club that has breached the rules the most, and they seem to be having an awful lot of fun. More fun then they could have ever, ever, possibly of imagined.

There are ways around FFP for clubs that are scared of the sanctions, which we aren't fully exploiting, at least not yet anyway

City have never openly exploited FFP.

The reason they have been banned currently is down to fraud.

There are loads of ways around FFP, you can see it all around Goodison, that's my point, why would we need to break it when we can just continue to bend it?

Are they having fun?
Lad Malaga is boss this time of year. Better than concert square anyway. Get off the fence and just say we are back to Peter Johnson days

City have never openly exploited FFP.

The reason they have been banned currently is down to fraud.

There are loads of ways around FFP, you can see it all around Goodison, that's my point, why would we need to break it when we can just continue to bend it?

My understanding is that their current charge relates to fraud rather than FFP. I think the fine mentioned in your list was due to a FFP breach, though? And that the punishment only related to European competitions.

"England Manchester City[196] – €60 million fine, €40 million suspended. Squad reduced to 21 players. Transfer spending restrictions and two-year squad salary restrictions".

I agree, why break the rules when you can bend them? I just don't think we are bending them enough, and the punishments that I've seen given out for actually breaking FFP don't seem all that bad to me, IMO.

My understanding is that their current charge relates to fraud rather than FFP. I think the fine mentioned in your list was due to a FFP breach, though? And that the punishment only related to European competitions.

"England Manchester City[196] – €60 million fine, €40 million suspended. Squad reduced to 21 players. Transfer spending restrictions and two-year squad salary restrictions".

I agree, why break the rules when you can bend them? I just don't think we are bending them enough, and the punishments that I've seen given out for actually breaking FFP don't seem all that bad to me, IMO.

The punishments havent been that bad cos everybody has bent the knee once sanctioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.